Attacking with just a Hero

By Eisley, in Horus Heresy

Hi,

Can you attack with just a Hero (i.e. no other units)? Or do you need other units as well?

Thanks,

Eisley.

I think that for an attack you do not have any additional units beside your hero.

On the other hand, for you to able to attack an enemy, the enemy must have in the target area at least one his unit (I do not remeber by now the exact rule page number). So you can not attack enemy hero, who is alone in the area (a coexistence battle is an exception).

But if you consider drawing only 2 hero cards (and possible some other via Lead by example card), you will have quite limited possibilities, as being an attacker (who do not choose about an active/passive role).

Artemis said:

I think that for an attack you do not have any additional units beside your hero.

On the other hand, for you to able to attack an enemy, the enemy must have in the target area at least one his unit (I do not remeber by now the exact rule page number). So you can not attack enemy hero, who is alone in the area (a coexistence battle is an exception).

I think you have these two just the opposite of what the rules actually say.

"An origin area
must be adjacent to the target area (i.e., they must share
a border) and must contain at least one of the attacker’s
units." (p. 24)

So attacker needs at least 1 unit, Heroes don't count as units for this purpose.

"A legal target
area must include at least one enemy unit or Hero." (p. 24)

So attacking a lone Hero is legal. Hell, if it weren't, the safest way for the Traitor to protect Horus would be to clear the Command Center, then the Imperials couldn't attack him, only move in and hope for a coexistance battle.

Sorry for the mystification, it was not intended. happy.gif

Somehow I exchanged the role of an attacker and defender.

Dam is right with his arguments.