New GM to L5R and all new players (need help)

By Wolf310, in Rules Questions

Hi,

As stated on the topic title, I'm a new GM to L5R, I have DM for years over several D&D campaigns, and my group consists of very capable yet new L5R players. I bought the core books and two set of dice, but I feel like I need a sort of handout with a glossary of terms (Japanese terms related to L5R for flavor) and maybe a list of handy rules to pass to my players.

Is there such a thing already out there?

I ask before I go and spend a lot of time creating these things myself.

:) Thanks in advance to whoever can help me out.

Edited by Wolf310

p. 330-31 in the Core Book is a glossary

These can help and will adress a couple of your concerns.

Reference Sheets: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1LBhOoFqXAYkpnqCPMMnUKaOLz42hEn/view?usp=sharing

Character Sheet (all in one, slightly streamlined): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBz_dVkDgr2JtKzPPGSWq3de_dHH39Wr/view?usp=sharing

edit: one thing I want to add eventually as a good general thing to remember is that you only use stance bonuses while in a conflict (after an initiative is rolled).

Edited by Avatar111

Thank you both! These are great.

New question. Is there a difference between Rokugan maps from the previous editions and FFG 5e? If so, is there a Hi-Res L5R 5e Map of Rokugan available, even if for purchase?

I want to print it out in some nice paper for my players and I ask because I bought the hard copies of the books, so no PDFs to print from. 😕

Edited by Wolf310
1 hour ago, Wolf310 said:

Is there a difference between Rokugan maps from the previous editions and FFG 5e? If so, is there a Hi-Res L5R 5e Map of Rokugan available, even if for purchase?

The Beginners Box includes a high-res poster map, and each 'theme' adventure includes a 'local' map (Crab lands in Shadowlands, Crane in Courts of Stone). There are some minor difference from previous editions, not least because the Atlas of Rokugan was published partway through the story and reflects stuff which haven't happened yet and may or may not happen at all in this iteration (like the existence of the Second Festering Pit in scorpion lands).

The new maps are the work of the frankly annoyingly talented Francesca Baerald. She's absolutely great at the faux-medieval-orient art style and the resulting maps are truly gorgeous .

You can see some online versions on her Artstation page.

Edited by Magnus Grendel