Overlord Screen

By ClanNatioy2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

What do you guys think of a nice big screen to hide the quest book and your cards and anything you want?

The screen could have charts of things like what you can spend your movement points on or what all the lingering effects do it could also have a condensed version of all the monsters stats. Just their stats, abilities, what dice they roll and their name

well that sounds great

but the things of lingering effects and movement points should be on bouth sides.

otherwise your putting the overlord player out as a game master as in roleplay games.

and thats not the purpose beacuse a overlord is also juist a player.

but for things as RTL & SOB its a great idea

I would certainly be interested to see such a thing if it were created. I agree it's reminiscent of a DM in an RPG, but I don't think having a quick reference on the back of a screen necessarily encourages RPG-style play (if they players want to run it like an RPG they'll do it with or without a screen, after all.)

Someone once made one designed to go on the reverse of one of the expansion cardboard insets. Looked pretty nifty but had no interest in it myself.

No, I don't know exactly where it is but go through the uploaded files on Boardgamegeek and I'm sure you'll find it evetually.