Game mat?

By Wh0isTh3D0ct0r, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Anyone know what’s going on with the Outer Rim game mat and why it still hasn’t been released?

Saw this fall as a date somewhere. Pre order it on Miniature Market.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, urwathrtz365 said:

Saw this fall as a date somewhere. Pre order it on Miniature Market.

I originally did, but I had to cancel that part of the pre-order so that I could finally get the game itself.

If we get it this year I will be genuinely surprised. I'm expecting spring or summer next year. Just ask Game of Thrones board game players, who will tell you my expectation is too hopeful.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, TheSpitfired said:

If we get it this year I will be genuinely surprised. I'm expecting spring or summer next year. Just ask Game of Thrones board game players, who will tell you my expectation is too hopeful.

When the mat was not released along with the game, I called FFG Customer Support and the lady on the phone put me on hold for a little while and then told me that she spoke with the developer who said that the mat was definitely going to be released and that it would be "sooner rather than later." I guess that was just a bunch of BS just to get me off the phone.

Any chance that they’re doing a redesign in anticipation of an expansion that might need more space for planets or decks?

Seems strange that such a simple product especially compared to so many of their others is this delayed with little explanation...

1 hour ago, Bkane81 said:

Any chance that they’re doing a redesign in anticipation of an expansion that might need more space for planets or decks?

Seems strange that such a simple product especially compared to so many of their others is this delayed with little explanation...

As much as I love that idea, it is eminently more likely that FFG would just have two different versions of the game mat, especially since not everyone who buys Outer Rim would also buy an expansion.

I'm thinking they may still be shopping around for a new manufacturer. I haven't seen any X-Wing mats with the new 2.0 packaging either.

Just spotted this on Twitter:

1 hour ago, Mburnaugh64 said:

Just spotted this on Twitter:

Finally! Thanks, Mburnaugh64!

I picked mine up from my FLGS today. Hopefully using it next week!

Still not available in Australia that I can see.

My game mat has been shipped and I should receive it on Wednesday.

Got mine from my FLGS Cool Stuff Saturday

33 minutes ago, Mburnaugh64 said:

Got mine from my FLGS Cool Stuff Saturday

Hang on...did you get it from a full-line game store (aka, friendly local game store) called "Cool Stuff" or from www.coolstuffinc.com? Does CoolStuffInc have a "brick-and-mortar" local game store as well? I thought they were just an online retailer.

They have brick and mortar stores in Florida, as a matter of fact CS is the only FLGS in Miami.

Ordered mine from my local store last weekend. Super excited.

Watch them announce a new expansion that uses a different mat. Lol.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Watch them announce a new expansion that uses a different mat. Lol.

That would be a bittersweet moment as I just picked my mat up last weekend.