A Galaxy Divided! Oc/rules discussion

By clontroper5, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So a few options

1) we can continue although I can only promise 1 turn a week (and the cycle will probably be Monday to Friday and then give me the weekend to resolve it)

2)we can find a new GM and I can pass the buck

3) we can call it good (I forsee a rather inevitable snowball happening anyway)

Again sorry guys, I underestimated how long it would take to process everything properly and didn't anticipate several IRL hindrances for me.

9 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

3) we can call it good (I forsee a rather inevitable snowball happening anyway)

my vote :)

14 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Argg sorry guys I thought I finished everything... Hectic weekend...

Oof this is Turing out it be more of a time investment then I Anticipated.

I can take over as mod, if you'd like...

I promise all Rebel players would be treated with the utmost fairness.

30 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I can take over as mod, if you'd like...

I promise all Rebel players would be treated with the utmost fairness.

This was another option since jabba is practically eleminated and also has helped me set up the game to a degree.

I am willing to have 1 round a week, but I understand that that might be trying for some of us, so alternatively I am OK with a new GM (even Jabba, so long as he renounces his evil Imperial ways).

16 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I am willing to have 1 round a week, but I understand that that might be trying for some of us, so alternatively I am OK with a new GM (even Jabba, so long as he renounces his evil Imperial ways).

I am fully repentant for my space fascist way of life.

While grey may, indeed, have been the best color (it still is), it was wrong to spray-paint the world of Maxilos Prime such a shade.

Aesthetically pleasing though they may be now, the forests of Dagobah should not have been cut down and replanted in a more orderly fashion.

Janus Greejatus's hat is silly.

And those many Bothans did not deserve to die.

Yes - hand it to Jabba.

At least to resolve turn 4.

(I want to take Coruscant)

And off topic a little - this proves one of my GMing rules of thumb - doubling the steps to resolve the turn squares the time taken to resolve it. Under the original rules 2d6 were thrown to resolve space battles, and none for ground battles. With these new rules dozens of dice are thrown. The time required by the GM has expanded dramatically.

1 hour ago, LTD said:

And off topic a little - this proves one of my GMing rules of thumb - doubling the steps to resolve the turn squares the time taken to resolve it. Under the original rules 2d6 were thrown to resolve space battles, and none for ground battles. With these new rules dozens of dice are thrown. The time required by the GM has expanded dramatically.

Acually the dice wasn't bad (a few minutes) and resolving the battles was enjoyable for me. What got me bogged down was book keeping since I would get confused by different formats the diffrent players were useing. Compounded by the fact that several players started drastically changing their format which lead to me making alot of errors. And every error would then take like 20 minutes to fix

Fair enough.

As a rule I just audit the sheets, not try to make them all look the same.

But to each their own.

GMing can be a real time sink.

Edited by LTD

(cough)

Ok - I’d like to resolve this game (or at least this turn).

I do hereby resign as a player.

I ask all players to send me a PM with link to their spreadsheet so I can GM this to a conclusion.

11 hours ago, LTD said:

I ask all players to send me a PM with link to their spreadsheet so I can GM this to a conclusion.

Your surrender was to be expected. There is no shame in recognizing the reality of one’s situation, and I consider you a worthy opponent.

High praise indeed!

Your restoration to the community of civilised nations will be the crowning achievement of our people.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:04 AM, LTD said:

It says you can't receive messages. Check the team chat.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

Thanks GNIP - I don’t know why it would say I can’t receive messages.

Is no one else interested in a resolution?

Thanks.

Bump?

Or do we just jump to a cut scene of dancing ewoks?