Yoda and other holdout figures

By Pollux85, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Is there a thread on the forums with community designed deployment cards for any of the most desired unreleased figures? I'm thinking Yoda, Scout Troopers, Speeder Bikes for sure, and Ewoks, Zuckus and 4-Lom optional. I know several people have made a version of each of these, but wasn't sure if there was a general consensus on which was the best.

Apologies for being redundant. I know this has been posted in another thread somewhere around here, but I've searched and couldn't find it.

We go on and on about it across multiple threads.

I agree about Scouts, but disagree on speeder bikes. Bikes are simply too high speed for the game. But another "missing" troop would be the Death Squad Commando/Star Destroyer Commanders. One of the few original trilogy Imperials not present.

Ewoks would be ok. I'm not really for or against them.

Zuckuss and 4-LOM are not optional, IMO. While some folks say (rightly) that they were only onscreen for a very limited time, they did as much as Dengar and IG-88, but less than Bossk--and we've got all those.

Yoda wouldn't really be my first choice, I'd rather have a rebel trooper on a tuantaun.

With the announcement that no more physical product will be released, I've decided to wrap up my Cad Bane, 4-LOM, and Zuckus.

I will need help making their side missions, because I honestly don't know the first thing about making them.

@Pollux85 I purchased my Cad Bane, 4-LOM, and Zuckus minis from Mel Miniatures. The price was steep, but worth it for the longevity. I worked with two IA designers and the community to make the card. You can find them here .

I agree with Strawhat on 4-LOM and Zuckus. They were needed to complete the bounty hunter collection.

Edited by Zcurator

Seriously? Yoda is no one's first choice? Yoda is like, the only thing I really want.

2 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

Seriously? Yoda is no one's first choice? Yoda is like, the only thing I really want.

Yoda was cool during the Clone Wars series and the prequel movies for sure! However, in the original movies Yoda was a guide for Luke, and nothing more. In the final movie he was senile and dying. Yoda also self-exiled himself to Degobah after failing to stop Sidious from enacting his grand plan. I don't even think the galaxy remembers Yoda or his influence at the time Imperial Assault takes place.

That, and I remember a good number of community members being miffed when The Emperor was revealed as a playable unit.

I would still be curious to see how you would create Yoda for Imperial Assault.

Edited by Zcurator

Something like this has been in my head for a while for Yoda. A very resilient support character who buffs force users especially well. It would be a very text heavy card, but he hits a lot of what OT Yoda was, I think. I’m assuming that if called upon, he could still move fast.

Yoda: Aged Master

+ 1 evade + 1 evade

Foresight (reroll one defense die)

V igor ( gain 2 movement points or +1 block power token at the start of you activation)

Teacher (give any friendly Force users one power token of your choice at the start of each round)

—> Force push (small fig 3 spaces, 1 damage if enemy)

—> Battle meditation (you or an ally in line of sight become focused. If you, you can use Force push on large figures, too. Also , roll the green die when using Force Push. Add the range number results to the length of Force Push and the damage results to the damage)

Health: 11 Movement: 3 Defense: White Die Attack: None

I'm both surprised, and saddened, that we didn't get more Rogue One content in Imperial assault. Would have loved to have those heroes in the game. Krennic wouldn't have been bad either.

9 hours ago, Master Wang said:

Something like this has been in my head for a while for Yoda. A very resilient support character who buffs force users especially well. It would be a very text heavy card, but he hits a lot of what OT Yoda was, I think. I’m assuming that if called upon, he could still move fast.

+ 1 evade + 1 evade

V igor ( gain 2 movement points or +1 block power token at the start of you activation)

Teacher (give any friendly Force users one power token of your choice at the start of each round)

—> Battle meditation (you or an ally in line of sight become focused. If you, you can use Force push on large figures, too. Also , roll the green die when using Force Push. Add the range number results to the length of Force Push and the damage results to the damage)

What do you mean by +1 evade +1 evade?

18 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

Well, I'm a campaign-player that does not go into skirmish. So, story-wise, he's a bit over-the-top on the power scale. I would have, and probably did, say the same thing about Palpatine. We still got 'im, and I still bought 'im. So it's not like this would be a deal-breaker for me.

If I played skirmish, I think he'd be much higher on my list. Skirmish is, so far as I would be concerned, "anything goes."

no yoda! no yoda with lightsaber! im happy that he is not in the game

On 9/1/2019 at 7:07 AM, Master Wang said:

+ 1 evade + 1 evade

Oh he's definitely a text heavy card. Can't even fit all of the text on him. 😛

45uKJaA.png

Edited by Zcurator

Nice! That’s my Yoda except I had him at speed 3, hence the Vigor skill.

The text is too long. It’s hard to capture my image of him in just a few skills and words...

6 hours ago, Master Wang said:

Nice! That’s my Yoda except I had him at speed 3, hence the Vigor skill.

The text is too long. It’s hard to capture my image of him in just a few skills and words...

So let the community help you. What would you cut first?

Also wasn't sure why you need +1 evade twice.

First, try to get a clear image of who Yoda is and what his role is in the OT-era. Sharpen that image through one or two UNIQUE abilities - copying unique abilities of other unique characters is both lame and aggravating - and avoid trying to make him good in all aspects. You boosted his defense, his speed, and even gave him the ability to dish out damage ON TOP of his ability to move around opposing figures. That's not very appealing.

If I were to create a deployment card for Yoda in the OT-era, I'd put down the most important aspects of Yoda before coming up with concrete abilities...

• Yoda is old, physically withered (Force or no) - he has been humbled big time and his failures have clearly taken a toll on him. In the OT-era (OT-movies and REBELS), Yoda never is seen running, jumping, fighting, or even suggesting to fight. Make him slow.
  • Yoda still has a sharp wit. He is more of a guide than a teacher and is focusing on ecouraging others to find their destiny (Ezra, Ahsoka and Luke) than teach them what and how to do things like he did in the Jedi Order.
  • Make Yoda a clear-cut non-combatant - he does not fight any more. He can still surprise others by extraordinary feats throught the Force, but not in an aggressive way. Pushing others through the Force fits him, damaging others does not. Yoda is beyond fighting - that point has been hammered home - fittingly and rightfully - in REBELS.
27 minutes ago, Fourtytwo said:

First, try to get a clear image of who Yoda is and what his role is in the OT-era. Sharpen that image through one or two UNIQUE abilities - copying unique abilities of other unique characters is both lame and aggravating - and avoid trying to make him good in all aspects. You boosted his defense, his speed, and even gave him the ability to dish out damage ON TOP of his ability to move around opposing figures. That's not very appealing.

If I were to create a deployment card for Yoda in the OT-era, I'd put down the most important aspects of Yoda before coming up with concrete abilities...

• Yoda is old, physically withered (Force or no) - he has been humbled big time and his failures have clearly taken a toll on him. In the OT-era (OT-movies and REBELS), Yoda never is seen running, jumping, fighting, or even suggesting to fight. Make him slow.
  • Yoda still has a sharp wit. He is more of a guide than a teacher and is focusing on ecouraging others to find their destiny (Ezra, Ahsoka and Luke) than teach them what and how to do things like he did in the Jedi Order.
  • Make Yoda a clear-cut non-combatant - he does not fight any more. He can still surprise others by extraordinary feats throught the Force, but not in an aggressive way. Pushing others through the Force fits him, damaging others does not. Yoda is beyond fighting - that point has been hammered home - fittingly and rightfully - in REBELS.

You raise a great point about using Rebels as a sort of benchmark. It was clear that he was done with fighting and trying to win.