Disney+

By cheapmate, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

It seems to me Disney decides which characters are used

If She-Hulk seemed the odd one out of the core set, now we know why she was included

Same goes for Ms Marvel

At least this means Moon Knight will show up sooner or later

Either it’s a coincidence, or FFG and Disney both independently settled on the same two characters when looking for some that were

a) female

b) diverse

c) obscure

d) hadn’t been on TV/ in film

Or they collaborated on the choice.

I feel like the first two options are most likely. I can’t imagine Disney/Marvel’s involvement extends to specific character choices. And they were designing the core set 6-15 months ago and the TV shows aren’t coming out for a while yet, so that’s quite a gap.

4 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Either it’s a coincidence, or FFG and Disney both independently settled on the same two characters when looking for some that were

a) female

b) diverse

c) obscure

d) hadn’t been on TV/ in film

Or they collaborated on the choice.

I feel like the first two options are most likely. I can’t imagine Disney/Marvel’s involvement extends to specific character choices. And they were designing the core set 6-15 months ago and the TV shows aren’t coming out for a while yet, so that’s quite a gap.

As for She-Hulk I can't say, but I don't know if I'd quite consider Kamala obscure. They've been putting her in almost everything these days.

If it is a coincidence / "great minds" situation, how ecstatic are the folks at FFG.

Ms Marvel is their most popupar new hero.

And She-Hulk is a classic Avenger who fits the agressive brick role they want.

I'm pretty convinced this is no coincidence, for the record.

No I don't believe it's a coincidence. I think what is more likely is that Marvel had a short list of characters that they wanted to promote and give more exposure in other products besides their comics. FFG probably picked the ones they thought were the most interesting or fit their core set the best along with characters FFG was interested in including. Will the Wrecking Crew come up at some point in the future for the MCU TV shows? Maybe we will see a version of them or maybe that is just one of the properties FFG wanted to explore. I could see a version of the Wrecking Crew showing up in the Falcon and Bucky show.

Edited by phillos
6 hours ago, phillos said:

Will the Wrecking Crew come up at some point in the future for the MCU TV shows?

They would be easy enough to bring to the small screen, as they are essentially just 4 big, strong guys

If I remember correctly they started out in the Defenders comics and they have been part of the Masters of Evil

47 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

They would be easy enough to bring to the small screen, as they are essentially just 4 big, strong guys

If I remember correctly they started out in the Defenders comics and they have been part of the Masters of Evil

They started out in Thor. Since then they branch out like most Marvel villains.

Mindful that we knew we were getting Ms. Marvel and She Hulk as MC heroes before their shows were announced, I wonder if there's any chance we're going to see the Wrecking Crew as a villain in Love and Thunder.

I believe I remember some interview saying that Zemo will be returning for the Disney+ shows. If that's true then a Masters Of Evil type story line could be in the future and that could tie into the Wrecking Crew.

16 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

They started out in Thor. Since then they branch out like most Marvel villains.

Their first appearance was Defenders #17

The Wrecking Crew are frequently used as fairly generic super strong Villains. I could certainly see them showing up in something as a throw away Villain...

50 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Their first appearance was Defenders #17

With Luke Cage guest starring

Seems very unlikely this is a coincidence. I'm expecting to see more Wave 4 characters next year.

Wonder how long until we start getting X-Men or the Fantastic Four.

Also curious if we will see anything Spider-Man related due to the Disney and Sony situation. They tried to bury the X-Men and Fantastic Four when they didn't have the movie rights.

Well we got a bunch of Spider-Man stuff up front so it won’t be so bad if there’s a gap after this considering there a ton of stuff to cover in the marvel universe.