Seekers of Wisdom Clan Pack??

By Kani Kantai, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I have seen this elsewhere. That's clearly the Dragon Clan Pack. I believe it's been listed for a while now because its product number is L5C25, which means it was intended to be released earlier than Lion (27) and Crab (26). But things have changed, and I believe some stores just list whatever they see passing by, regardless of the actual reality of the product to date.

12 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I have seen this elsewhere. That's clearly the Dragon Clan Pack. I believe it's been listed for a while now because its product number is L5C25, which means it was intended to be released earlier than Lion (27) and Crab (26). But things have changed, and I believe some stores just list whatever they see passing by, regardless of the actual reality of the product to date.

Makes sense, I did wonder if it was dragon - seeing as their book was announced a while back.

It is the Dragon Clan pack. Preorder has been started in Europe. Release date not announced yet.

So do we bother saying confirmed?

Action advantage is going to be something that needs a look. Dragon typically has the ability to get the favor and being able to take 3 consecutive actions (ending with Imperial Toturi preventing any further cards from hand being played) is going to be pretty difficult to overcome.

For those curious
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/12/seekers-of-wisdom/

Also they have Magnificent Triumph which was considered a poor card as you had to wait an action after winning your duel before being able to triggering it , now not a s big an issue. Ditto the power to drop your high cost attachments like Mirumoto Daisho or Togashi Kazue and trigger their effect before opponents have a chance to react to them. I see some real possibilities there.

Not as sure about new box. I like the protection effect but an curious how often they will get off the fate bonus with the high card cost. And that 7 Influence may be a killer.

Other than wishing Lion pack gets shipped first..

Clarification on the new Dragon 6 cost, attachments become..

1. ..like Katana becomes 2/0, Fan becomes 0/2 and Sharpen the Mind is 0/0 ?

2. Togashi Kazue becomes 3/3 again but with 0 glory?

3. Detached bowed Talisman of the Sun remains bowed?

4. Attachments detached while in conflict remain in conflict and vice versa?

Edited by Yogo Rye X
7 hours ago, Yogo Rye X said:

Other than wishing Lion pack gets shipped first..

Clarification on the new Dragon 6 cost, attachments become..

1. ..like Katana becomes 2/0, Fan becomes 0/2 and Sharpen the Mind is 0/0 ?

2. Togashi Kazue becomes 3/3 again but with 0 glory?

3. Detached bowed Talisman of the Sun remains bowed?

4. Attachments detached while in conflict remain in conflict and vice versa?

In my humble opinion:

1. Yes.

2. No. Only attachments get the 0 Glory, Characters just revert to their normal stats.

3. Yes.

4. I assume so, but there is more of a question there.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

Action advantage is going to be something that needs a look. Dragon typically has the ability to get the favor and being able to take 3 consecutive actions (ending with Imperial Toturi preventing any further cards from hand being played) is going to be pretty difficult to overcome.

I don't think that this is a problem. You have to attack with one cost 5 and one cost 3 character and they are not doing anything besides that. Chances are high that you made the mistake of overcommitting right there.

4 hours ago, Ignithas said:

I don't think that this is a problem. You have to attack with one cost 5 and one cost 3 character and they are not doing anything besides that. Chances are high that you made the mistake of overcommitting right there.

There is still Charge. You could just send the 3 cost monk in and include Charge into your action chain and still end up with hand-locking things. A 6 stat boost, +action, +hand-lock, is generally enough to win, get a break, for most battles that you are going into with near even stats.

But the fight winning card in that combo is Toturi, not the Monk. One of the main benefits of abilities on characters is that they are paid for when you buy the character, but the Examplar not only costs a Fate to activate, he also requires you to play other cards to actually generate any benefit. It's a potentially powerful ability, but it has significant limitations.

The monk himself is very limited for sure. You need to have playable actions and you will be burning cards from your hand. Works well with the monks from the last pack of the Inheritance cycle.

Wouldn't gain you any fate, but I like Asako Togama for switching the contested ring mid-conflict.

20 hours ago, Evilgm said:

But the fight winning card in that combo is Toturi, not the Monk. One of the main benefits of abilities on characters is that they are paid for when you buy the character, but the Examplar not only costs a Fate to activate, he also requires you to play other cards to actually generate any benefit. It's a potentially powerful ability, but it has significant limitations.

Having played a lot with a deck focused on Toturi, I agree that his action is the winning play of the action chain, however, being able to take 1-2 other actions or hide Toturi in your province before you Charge him in and then immediately hand-lock the conflict, is a big difference between committing Toturi to a battle and going back and forth with actions, or even having to wait for an opponent's action in between playing Charge and using Toturi.

6 hours ago, theninthguardian said:

Wouldn't gain you any fate, but I like Asako Togama for switching the contested ring mid-conflict.

Do you mean if you could change his ability? His ability as written doesn't allow that, the contested ring is considered "contested" not "unclaimed" so you can't swap it.