Cassian Andor Series

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

l0sp9lvzedi31.jpg

The series is set three years before Rogue One .

So we've got at least three series coming? Cool.

4 hours ago, mazz0 said:

So we've got at least three series coming? Cool.

Disney + has eight shows slated at first few months of release. Marvel edges out Star Wars.

Despite the title and star I am honestly most hyped for more of K2-SO.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:10 PM, Magnus Grendel said:

Despite the title and star I am honestly most hyped for more of K2-SO.

Indeed. Rogue One is the best thing Disney have done with the franchise, and K-2SO is a huge part of that.

Other things I want to see:

More U-Wing.

More Mon Mothma.

More Bail Organa.

More Antoc Merrick.

Think most of those are achievable in a guest capacity?

3 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Indeed. Rogue One is the best thing Disney have done with the franchise

More Bail Organa.

I am working on this! 😇

I hope they show him capturing and programming K.

I am looking forward to this show (Cassian says I have to).

13 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I hope they show him capturing and programming K.

Honestly, I think that'd be a great starting point. You have to wonder if his personality was basically the same as an Imperial droid.

I'm not sure the average high-ranking Imperial officer is as tolerant of sarcasm and back-chat.

I saw some folks on reddit calling him a different Han Solo or the New Dash Rendar.

Sometimes I wish star wars fans were smarter than that.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I saw some folks on reddit calling him a different Han Solo or the New Dash Rendar.

Kyle Katarn?

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Sometimes I wish star wars fans were smarter than that.

53 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Kyle Katarn?

Cassian reminds me more of an amalgamation of allot of the characters Jean Reno plays.

12 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I'm not sure the average high-ranking Imperial officer is as tolerant of sarcasm and back-chat.

See this is where Imperials really don’t care a fare shake.

Contrary to what Rebel propaganda will have you believe, The Empire fosters open mindedness in most of our Penal Slave Colonies and Forced Labor Camps between their allotment of harsh brutal back breaking trauma and the often applied torture Re Education sessions.**

A happy mind is a happy slave I always say

** Free thought amounts to at least half an hour a day. Restrictions often apply.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ... wait.

Wow... So not going to be released until at least sometime in 2021.

I LOVED R1!

But I'm not excited for this at all. Once I've seen a characters death, I'm pretty much done. Like, it's the ultimate spoiler. You can never have a tense moment once that's happened.

I consider this another failure of franchise management. R1 should have been the head of it's own trilogy, or a middle episode of a TV series like the one their doing here with a sequel movie at the end produced later to cap it off.

48 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I LOVED R1!

But I'm not excited for this at all. Once I've seen a characters death, I'm pretty much done. Like, it's the ultimate spoiler. You can never have a tense moment once that's happened.

[cough] The Prequels [/cough]

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

I LOVED R1!

I consider this another failure of franchise management. R1 should have been the head of it's own trilogy, or a middle episode of a TV series like the one their doing here with a sequel movie at the end produced later to cap it off.

This is a valid criticism, and one that was levelled at Solo. Han / Chewie and Lando having zero jeopardy, because we know they survive.

The drama and stakes, then, have to come from the supporting cast and the character development.

Learning what Cassian went through to become the would-be Rebel assassin in Rogue One can be an interesting story.

What @FTS Gecko said.

Futher, this series is set during the backdrop and events leading to Original Trilogy, I for one want to see further Lore Building in this beloved time period.

Also, The Mandalorian, as a series, while quite masterful in is own way, is decidedly not plot heavy. Other Disney+ series will not be able to get away with just skimming the surface as viewers will want more in depth plots and story arcs in future shows.

4 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

[cough] The Prequels [/cough]

*SneezeAHHHH* their not ended characters if they have talking lines as ghosts #smilingintheendscene *CHOOO/sneeze*

The series will follow the adventures of Cassian during the formative years of the rebellion prior to the events of Rogue One. We’ll meet the people who influenced Cassian as a teen and as an adult, including his sister.