Enemy stats

By Vipersfang00000, in Game Masters

As a new GM ( my first game is tomorrow ) i have a question...

in the allies and adversaries book when using enemy stats when you for example shoor and it tells you the skill do you manually had the attribute dice?

im use to D&D were the monster manual already has it worked out for you.

im not fully familar with the character sheet yet to know where some skills fall underwhich attribute.

1 hour ago, Vipersfang00000 said:

As a new GM ( my first game is tomorrow ) i have a question...

in the allies and adversaries book when using enemy stats when you for example shoor and it tells you the skill do you manually had the attribute dice?

im use to D&D were the monster manual already has it worked out for you.

im not fully familar with the character sheet yet to know where some skills fall underwhich attribute.

Unless they have changed the format in Allies and Adversaries it doesn't say which skill goes with which attribute. Might be handy to have a GM cheat sheet next to you, also helps for when your players get confused. Shooty stuff and piloty stuff is based on agility, punchy stuff is brawn. That's usually the important stuff for fighting, although a few talents can change things up.

When I GM, I have a reference folder within easy reach of all the things that I have found I need to double-check often. A list of all the skills and the attributes they go with is definitely in there. That being said, try not to stress out about getting everything exactly right. Good luck with your first game, @Vipersfang00000 !

7 hours ago, Vipersfang00000 said:

Yeah, you have to manually calculate. It's a bit tedious at first, but once you have it down it takes no time. If in doubt, or you want to wing it, there's a simple solution. First, decide how good you want them to be compared to the PCs, then: if they are worse than the PCs, make their pool smaller by one; if they are better, make their pool bigger by one. Obviously you can do this in greater degrees, but 2 dice either way is pretty significant unless they are supposed to totally suck, or are totally awesome.

If you use OggDude's character generator and GM tools, it should print all the dice pools (accounting for skill ranks) for you.