Showcase: Fireball

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

This is one crazy ship. Kind of ugly but in just the right way.

swz63_ship_art.png

Image result for fireball img

First Attempt. I think I blew it (up). Great balls of fire!

I do not like this ship design (or really any of the Resistance Faction ships from the show). That being said, this ship is begging to be repainted as a US Marine Crops Vought F4u-1 Corsair...

74ZDZk9.jpg

The wings are a litte far back, but that's easy to fix.

I really like the design! I desperately want to know the in-universe backstory to this ship! What was it like brand new? Is it just a heavily modded X-Wing? Is it an Incom ship meant to be a cheaper ship for planetary governments but with that trusty X-Wing DNA?

59 minutes ago, ZealuxMyr said:

I do not like this ship design (or really any of the Resistance Faction ships from the show). That being said, this ship is begging to be repainted as a US Marine Crops Vought F4u-1 Corsair...

74ZDZk9.jpg

The wings are a litte far back, but that's easy to fix.

I wouldn't move the wings, just spin the model 180!

47 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

I really like the design! I desperately want to know the in-universe backstory to this ship! What was it like brand new? Is it just a heavily modded X-Wing? Is it an Incom ship meant to be a cheaper ship for planetary governments but with that trusty X-Wing DNA?

It's more like an Annie 's pod racer. You'll find it on The Resistance show.

7 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Image result for fireball img

First Attempt. I think I blew it (up). Great balls of fire!

I was thinking about this and replacing the model with just a ball of cotton wool with a orange LED inside.

15 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

I wouldn't move the wings, just spin the model 180!

The nose, as is, is perfect for a propeller - and I wouldn't want the cockpit to be backwards with the droid in front of the cockpit... Yeah, those wings are coming off :D

15 hours ago, Minaith said:

It's more like an Annie 's pod racer. You'll find it on The Resistance show.

Yeah, I've watched the show. They've just given very little context as to where the ship frame came from.

rZRDrA9.jpg

I4xnr5i.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, Tervlon said:

Yeah, I've watched the show. They've just given very little context as to where the ship frame came from.

I've gone with the assumption that all of the "Aces" ships are custom scratch-builds; specifically designed by each pilot to match their technical needs and style and, therefore, not singularly one factor-fresh ship/manufacturer or another.

Some of them look like they use the base of a existing ship then customize it. Red Ace looks like a modded A-Wing, Black is obviously from a TIE of some sort. Even the other bigger ships like the pirate galleon look like they piece together other existing ships. It's pretty cool. The Fireball definitely has the fuselage of a T-65

Edited by Ghosthacked
1 minute ago, Ghosthacked said:

Some of them look like they use the base of a existing ship then customize it. Red Ace looks like a modded A-Wing, Black is obviously from a TIE of some sort. Even the other bigger ships like the pirate galleon look like they piece together other existing ships. It's pretty cool. The Fireball definitely has the fuselage of a T-65

Nah, not even close. Far too barrel shaped. Not everything is a T-65. I keep telling people this.

Star-Wars-Resistance-Fireball-2.jpg

I'm holding the model in my hands, and there's just... NO way this thing has ever been a T-65. Now, an Incom product? Oh **** yeah, definitely. Its stabilizer fails all the damned time, that's an Incom signature. But it's certainly NOT an X-Wing. Now if you want a ship that WAS an X-Wing, a T-70, even...

tumblr_pl8aojwc7G1w1e0pn_1280.jpg

Try Marcus Speedstar's ship. This isn't speculation on my part either, that was confirmed in post-episode auxiliary material. Knew it the moment I saw the canopy.

Y'all can't keep calling every ship with Incom blood a T-65. Y'keep forgetting, folks, the T-65's cockpit is actually really short and stubby compared to its successors.

* ducks *

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry

I was looking at the canopy

Edited by Ghosthacked