The Edge of Night >> New WFRP Adventure Announced

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Morrslieb, the Chaos Moon, has cast its malevolent glare down upon Ubersreik, a city caught up in intrigue and turmoil. Under its sickly green light, men go mad and dark things gain strength. With the ill omen hanging overhead, the citizens of Ubersreik find their city’s fate balanced precariously on the edge of night. Venture to the troubled city of Ubersreik, where nothing is exactly what it seems. Under the pale green light of Morrslieb, terrible things are bound to happen, and adventure will inevitably unfold.

You can read more about this new product on the Edge of Night announcement page .

The Edge Of Night looks sweet, it's looking really cool. I never thought I will see a second adventure so soon but it's ok with me. It's never too much of WFRP 3ed ;)

But I hope that it's not the end for this year - I would love to see some more supplemtns that cover the world now olny adventures. I'm hoping for a big one with The Winds Of Magic - I hope that whey will cover all Magic Careers not olny for Empire Mages but also for Greenskin, Beastman and Chaos. Also High Elves careers woukld be great to see.

So I'm hoping that in the near future we will see some more good Supplements like the ones from 2nd edition about Empire, Bretonia or Skaven.

I must say, that I was counting on a bestiary or chaos supplement of some kind, not another campaign.

Of course I will buy it, because every bit can be of use, but I'm not especially happy with this announcement.

Bestiary, priests, Elves with elven magic, advanced careers are just a few of the expansions I would like to see in the near future.

Yeah, I kind of expected that a Priest/Divine magic supplement or a general Advanced Careers/High Ranks supplement would be the next to be announced...

I like how all the towns for the adventures are in the same area. (and this one is the same as an eye for an eye =)

I'm a very happy fellow !

I just bought the Gathering Storm and I'm pleased with the writing. Fun scenes, good complex and colorful characters, inventive uses of the components. The writers get my thanks !

I'm pretty picky as a GM, but I desperately need these adventures, I've no time to write my own from scratch. Often, I end up rewriting adventures that seem initially too simplistic or badly thought out. With TGS, I think I'll just play it as is ! That's great !

And this new instalment plays with what I love about the WFRP setting: mystery, nobles and carnivals... Can't wait to see FFG's take on these classics of WFRP mythos.

I also like that the adventures seem to grow out of a region of the Reikland ... Makes it easier to really milk the setting before moving on to more exotic locales.

Now I just need the Priest/religion instalment to convert my V2 campaign to V3... :)

It's good to have plenty of adventures, since I, as many others GMs, dont have time to write my own stuff!!

I just hope that this adventure:

1. is suited for PC finishing TGS, so that will be a good challenge for more advanced charachters

2. is not like "the power behind the throne"....the masquerade thing remembers me of this waaay to boring investigations scenario!! =P

veteran gamers says that The Edge of Night's pitch is quite similar to the Bogenhafen's adventure from v1.

willmanx said:

veteran gamers says that The Edge of Night's pitch is quite similar to the Bogenhafen's adventure from v1.

I agree. But elements in the mix seem to steer away from that. A sales pitch is a sales pitch, after all.

Sunatet said:

I must say, that I was counting on a bestiary or chaos supplement of some kind, not another campaign.

Of course I will buy it, because every bit can be of use, but I'm not especially happy with this announcement.

Bestiary, priests, Elves with elven magic, advanced careers are just a few of the expansions I would like to see in the near future.

I second that. Only that I am happy with this announcement. gran_risa.gif

Good gaming

I'm one of the guys who wanted to start with roleplaying games again but found the time lacking.

A second adventure so soon? Just what I needed to go the whole ten yards.

I just ordered all the releases so far from a native website.

Can't wait to get my hands on WFRP3 and supplements. aplauso.gif

DongMaster said:

A second adventure so soon?

A third adventure. There will be an adventure in the upcoming Supplement The Winds of Magic too.

"For the GM, The Winds of Magic also introduces the Ruinous Power Tzeentch, his daemonic minions, and insights into the Great Conspirator’s fiendish schemes. New rules for corruption and mutation expose the characters to greater risks over the course of their adventures. Finally, The Winds of Magic includes a complete adventure for GMs to challenge their players with a dangerous plot unfolding in the heart of the Empire."

Holy crap! sorpresa.gif

Thanks for telling me.

So now the most importent question: When will we see it? Summer is all three months long so when- june, july, august?

It's all looking well - this summer we will get two new supplements for WFRP.

Anyone knows when more info on this product will be released?

All credit to the Magic supplement, which I will get like all WFRP products, but it is the adventures and the basic rules that ticks me and my group.

Who's the author for this one?

Looks like June/July 2010 will be The Winds Of Magic time so maybe in August/September we will see The Edge Of Night.

Fossy said:

A third adventure. There will be an adventure in the upcoming Supplement The Winds of Magic too.

Arguably a fourth adventure then, because the core set also includes an adventure.

I'm really glad to see FFG give some proper adventure support for the game. I've had very different experiences in the past. And what's even more important, their adventures seem to be pretty good so far.

The only thing I'd still love to see, is a grand campaign in the style of TEW. But I fear that will remain a dream.

woodnoggin said:

Any word on this?

Abraxas said:

woodnoggin said:

Any word on this?

I hope everybody has already found the answer to this, but in case anyone has missed it, Graeme Davis is involved. He's one of the original authors of the first edition of WFRP, was heavily involved in The Enemy Within campaign for WFRP1 (widely recognised as one of the best RPG campaigns ever, and the first parts of the campaign truly defined what WFRP really was), and is the only original author to remain involved with WFRP through the many ups and downs of the system, including writing for the excellent fanzine Warpstone.