Add Skills Talent?

By The Grand Falloon, in Rules Questions

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I really thought there was a Talent that let you take another Career Skill or two. I know about Basic Combat Training, but is there a generic one?

If not, How would you handle that? I'm thinking a Rank 2 talent that lets you add 2 Skills as Career Skills, and it's Ranked. So, yes, it would mean that they could add dang near all the skills as Career Skills, but it really wouldn't be practical to take it more than a couple times.

There is one in the star wars line called well rounded lets you choose 2 skills as career skills.

Considering the T2 talents thats gives 2 specific skills this should mostlike be Tier 3.

As a sidenote a lot of players should realize you dont need skills as career unless you plan to go high up in ranks.

There are such talents in both Shadow of the Beanstalk and Realms of Terrinoth, @The Grand Falloon

They're usually for 2-3 specific skills at Tier 2 (unranked).

I think the makers of the expanded list of talents found on the resources page put the talents that add three specific skills as Tier 2 and Well Rounded that lets you add two skills of your choice as Tier 3. That seems fair to me. The tier two talents are pretty good about making sure the skills they provide are not all fed by the same attribute and are together for a narrative reason. So you might find Resilience, Ranged (Heavy) and Knowledge (geography) for a single Soldiering talent or Brawl, Survival, and Knowledge (Adventuring) for an Adventurer's talent and so on.

Edited by FinarinPanjoro
clarity