Finding APs in the UK

By Henatron, in Player community

Hi,

Just wondering how often APs, particularly the older ones, are reprinted, and how long they take to filter through to become available in the UK? I’m new to this game (and to gaming in general) and am struggling to find anything available online (or at least for a reasonable price) other than the odd older AP and the most recent cycle. Is it just a case of waiting and checking online for availability every now and then? I see the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle is readily available in the US, but it doesn’t appear to be here. I live in north Scotland too so have to do any buying online - no such thing as a ‘local’ game shop here! 😂

Any seasoned UK gamers able to give some advice to this concerned newbie?! Would be sad to never be able to get hold of many of the APs 😞

Thanks!

Here in the UK you can expect APs and Deluxe boxes to be in the UK a few weeks after the US - note that in some cases they don't seem to make it to the UK at all.

If there's a specific AP or Deluxe you're after, your best bet is to sign up for notifications from your shop of choice (BG Extras do a great job of getting stock, but there are plenty of other good sites).

You can also do regular searches on a bunch of shops - a lot are listed in this thread . Sometimes things you're after just "appear" - like someone finds a spare crate in the back of a stock room.

Icabod - thanks so much, all helpful info and I'll have a good browse through the links. I'll keep hoping some copies of the older cycles make it over here at some point otherwise - don't feel I'm ready to tackle any more recent ones without more of the player cards behind me!

Some APs (Angmar Awakened and Dream Chaser at least) seem to have arrived in the UK in the last week - check out some of the usual stockists.

I've just got into LOTR LCG myself and have gotten myself completely hooked! I've ordered a few of the Shadows of Mirkwood APs directly from FFG in the US. It's a bit of a pricey way of doing it but I don't want to jump in too far down the line without having had a crack at some of the earlier quests to test my mettle! I'll let you know how I get on with the order (I'm afraid I'll probably get charged tax on delivery which will probably make each AP cost around £17 inc postage)

Just a quick update, I have now received the first four AP's in the SoM cycle and had to pay an additional £19 odd in import tax and a handling fee so overall the packs cost me just over £20 each, which is obviously insane! Suffice to say, I'm going to wait until the rest of the cycle is in stock in the uk for £12 each!

Hope that helps!

Some places like boardgameextras and zatu in the UK have had some restocks this week.