future of the game?

By gmcc, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Hello , since im new to this universe and never played old ccg how's going to be the future of the game?
Will it add more clans and stuff ? does it still have a good future ?

Possibility of outside world cards after the announcement of new book ? i really hope they dont focus on them , i like this as china/japan thematic only.

Just got into it.

Very nice game, with a little bit too much of stuff to keep track. But overall the rhythm is very interesting.

Seems like some cards are in too much every decks, which is slightly a shame, but otherwise I recommend it if you like the universe, and the feel of the rpg.

The original L5R ccg ran for 20 years and added lots of new clans/factions during it's lifespan.

The is not telling any FFG has planned. I would expect that since the Shadowlands and the Mantis are two sub-plots currently going on in the story they will emerge as playable clans/factions at some point. FFG is already going a lot slower in terms of plot reveal.

At this point in old5R we were already well on the way to the 2nd day of Thunder. In the current story we haven't even seen Fu Leng.

I suspect we would see a big product drop at next year's gen con, after all the original clans have gotten their clan packs and FFG can decide how they want to proceed with the inclusion of more clans/factions, and how they want to address any rebalancing.

I think the future of the game is fine since its one of the few IP's that FFG owns

16 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

The original L5R ccg ran for 20 years and added lots of new clans/factions during it's lifespan.

The is not telling any FFG has planned. I would expect that since the Shadowlands and the Mantis are two sub-plots currently going on in the story they will emerge as playable clans/factions at some point. FFG is already going a lot slower in terms of plot reveal.

At this point in old5R we were already well on the way to the 2nd day of Thunder. In the current story we haven't even seen Fu Leng.

I suspect we would see a big product drop at next year's gen con, after all the original clans have gotten their clan packs and FFG can decide how they want to proceed with the inclusion of more clans/factions, and how they want to address any rebalancing.

I think the future of the game is fine since its one of the few IP's that FFG owns

really ? 20 years ? wow :o

31 minutes ago, gmcc said:

really ? 20 years ? wow :o

Yep. Previous game, L5R CCG, debuted at Gencon 1995 and IP was sold in september 2015. When sale was announced there was one expansion in shiping (later released to stores for free), one expansion ready to print and at least two expansions under construction, including new base set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_sets

Edited by kempy