Jumping in

By Andyhagrid, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Another new Imperial Assault core box owner with a few questions.

1) I want to run the campaign mode and was wondering if I can jump in with Tyrants of Lothal as the next box?

2) I am hoping I just missed it but who goes first for the rebels?

Thanks in advance.

HI, and congratulations on taking your first steps into a bigger world (or whatever the quote is!).

Tyrants of Lothal is a mini-expansion, meaning that while you can run the missions given with it as a short campaign, it is very short, however there is nothing to stop you including the missions as potential side missions in your big box campaign.

You can also take the heroes and use them straight in the main campaign, but you might find Tress a bit difficult to understand with her tokens. CT is much more like Fenn, and would be easier for a beginner to use.

As for who goes first, it is entirely up to the Rebels which order they activate. Once they have taken a turn their activation token flips over, and they can't activate again that round, unless you playing with 2 - 3 heroes, as at least one of you gets a 2nd activation token, which you shouldn't be using until everyone has had 1 turn.

Edited by onyersix
Spelling correction

To elaborate a bit:

2) The activation order is not fixed. When it's the rebel or imperial turn to activate, they choose to activate any ready group. (With the restrictions on heroes that have more than one activation token.)

1) Any expansion can be added in any order. A lot of the figure packs require the associated boxed expansion.

Also, maybe http://www.iki.fi/a1bert/TheConsolidatedImperialAssaultRules.pdf will help you read about the basics. It has the information from the Learn to Play and Campaign Guide integrated, and additional information that seemed to be missing. (Also contains links so you can just click on the page numbers to jump around the document.)