Re-purposing molds

By EVIL INC, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

In the armada, legion and x win sections, we are talking about ways to make a campaign that not only incorporates all 3 of the games but also all of the factions.

Legion does not have a scum faction just tossing a couple bounty hunters in with the imperials. They mentioned that IA has a wide variety of models that fit the bill. How close is the scale between the 2 games and do you think FF would be interested in repurposing the scum molds for IA to make that a faction for legion? if the scales match, they would only need to include different bases and repackage and they would have a ready made almost entire faction line.

Thoughts?

some folks have just been making the bases bigger for imperial assault models. to make them fit in legion. the latter releases for imperial assault started using 3D models rather than sculpts, Death Troopers, Thrawn, hondo. these are all much larger scale than early Imperial assault. Jyn odan and saska are tiny now

On 8/12/2019 at 5:39 AM, EVIL INC said:

In the armada, legion and x win sections, we are talking about ways to make a campaign that not only incorporates all 3 of the games but also all of the factions.

Legion does not have a scum faction just tossing a couple...they would have a ready made almost entire faction line.

Thoughts?

Sadly, respected FFG staff already announced no future physical product...there may be electronic content

Games Workshop fan “tossing a couple”, beating dead horse or self flogging.

Here...on this company public board?...not cool dude. x wing, armada plus Legion references...you seriously do not want to know thoughts as when expressed different from your own, you passively aggressively react. You also seem to confuse my posts with someone else...question (probably silly) were you the guy who tried to sell your entire 40k force to me cheaply after 3 consecutive losses...back in 2004 - the store closed not long after you guys all left.

Crom have mercy...

Edited by GhengisharnIV
hurt feels
29 minutes ago, GhengisharnIV said:

Thorts?

Respected staff already announce no future product...

Games Workshop fan “tossing a couple”, beating dead horse or self flogging.

Here...on this company public board?...not cool dude.

continued x wing, armada plus Legion references...you seriously do nit witsch to know thoughts as when expressed you passively aggressively react.

Crom have mercy...

ha ha , crom laughs at your 3 factions

1 minute ago, Spidey NZ said:

Yes Crom does...three loud referenced laughs...

LOL

18 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

LOL, He has been chasing me through the forums trolling because I thought that adding FO and resistance into other games thn x wing and somehow thinks no one should mention how the games here differ from GW ones in a manner that tells why we would come here from there. Almost as though he is a GW plant trying to force people out of this community into the GW one. I left there for good reason and him trying to convince me how much better they are and why I should play their stuff instead is not going to make me do so. I packed that crap up for good reason and am now spending $ on FF stuff so he is just going to have to deal with me staying here.

If you put IA models onto a Legion base (so double base) they work fine in Legion. Assuming a corps unit has 4 models, you could make a corps unit of Weequays and Gamorreans from a single box of Jabbas Realm, or you could make 3 corps units of Bespin Wing Guard and 1 corps unit of Ugnaughts with 2 boxes of Bespin Gambit. The Heart of the Empire box has 4 Clawdites figures so that would be another potential corps unit or maybe special forces.

Then obviously you have Jabba or Hondo as a Commander, bounty hunters as operatives, the Rancor as a heavy and maybe you could use Nexu as support units.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:39 AM, EVIL INC said:

... do you think FF would be interested in repurposing the scum molds for IA to make that a faction for legion? if the scales match, they would only need to include different bases and repackage and they would have a ready made almost entire faction line.

Thoughts?

I think you should put that question to FFG’s Andrew Navarro who is collating questions on the forum for a live AMA AskMeAnthing Q&A session commencing this afternoon. The thread is still open. It was already announced no future physical product planned.