Thoughts on this 250pt Team?

By Bob Smith2, in Anima: Tactics

I've been buying a good number of Good and Neutral models to make an interesting force at 250 points, and would like some advice on what I should switch out/consider expanding with.

I know I at some point want to get the Gears, possibly to make an all-Wissenschaft army to go against this (because I love all the models) but what stuff would complement this force well? And what equipment or Plot should I use, given I have 25 points' worth if I understand right?

Leader: Romeo Exxet (75)

Warrior/Mystic: Lilian Virgil (45)

Mystic: Luzbell (40)

Warrior: Claire Adelheid (45)

Warrior: Daniella Meris (45)

Total: 245

It seems like it could work together quite well, with Luzbell and Daniella working together to basically do hit and runs (run Daniella in, fire off an AOE shot, then activate Luzbell and teleport her out) and the triple beatstick of Romeo, Claire and Lilian basically being a heavy hitting force charging up the board.

I've also just realised it's basically the Inquisitor and his harem of female warriors, which is quite amusing.

The plot and equipment cards I've got are Destiny, Gabriel's Gift, Logistics and Bell of Fortune. I'm thinking Logistics + Advanced Deploy is pretty funny, giving Daniella an effective +19" on my deployment zone.

Bob Smith said:

I've been buying a good number of Good and Neutral models to make an interesting force at 250 points, and would like some advice on what I should switch out/consider expanding with.

I know I at some point want to get the Gears, possibly to make an all-Wissenschaft army to go against this (because I love all the models) but what stuff would complement this force well? And what equipment or Plot should I use, given I have 25 points' worth if I understand right?

Leader: Romeo Exxet (75)

Warrior: Daniella Meris (45)

Total: 245

It seems like it could work together quite well, with Luzbell and Daniella working together to basically do hit and runs (run Daniella in, fire off an AOE shot, then activate Luzbell and teleport her out) and the triple beatstick of Romeo, Claire and Lilian basically being a heavy hitting force charging up the board.

I've also just realised it's basically the Inquisitor and his harem of female warriors, which is quite amusing.

The plot and equipment cards I've got are Destiny, Gabriel's Gift, Logistics and Bell of Fortune. I'm thinking Logistics + Advanced Deploy is pretty funny, giving Daniella an effective +19" on my deployment zone.

Romeo is your big dude (obviously) and he hits like a monster, especially after a few miracle tokens. Lilian is a well-armored support character. Luzbell is a versatile support character, a bit weak but versatile thanks to her shot. Claire kills things. Daniella shoots at range. The next character I would pick up for this team would be a beatstick or two, though a hybrid tank-beatstick-support like Khaine or Grey could help a lot as well. I love Khaine in Church teams (if you later build that way) because she can help out significantly with Martyr Sacrifice strategically mitigating damage (her other stuff like double damage to dark attack and 4 armor is gravy), and she offsets the usually softish Inquisitors as someone who can usually advance to the front and intercept safely. Grey has one drawback which is offset by the fact that he can use a push maneuver instead of a basic attack to make someone lost their last life point, but he's a level 40 with the stats of a 50 and some great abilities. Be aware if you use his My Life for Thine that Romeo won't get a miracle token from his death because he's removed from play instead of killed. As far as your advantage cards go, you can just play with the ones you have now and try swapping them around. Neither they nor the Gears have great synergy with what you have so far, but the best way to learn about them is to experiment and proxy :) At the end of the day it's fine if you have fun and you could always roll that Crit right when you need it.

Edit: I think you'll find Advance Deploy let's Daniella get a good spot on her own, so Luzbell can do nasty things like placing Romeo straight into base contact with large base characters or setting up Claire with a clear line of charge. Using her full control zone she gives characters a 17" +/- free move off of their activation, which is lovely.

Cannerus said:

Romeo is your big dude (obviously) and he hits like a monster, especially after a few miracle tokens. Lilian is a well-armored support character. Luzbell is a versatile support character, a bit weak but versatile thanks to her shot. Claire kills things. Daniella shoots at range. The next character I would pick up for this team would be a beatstick or two, though a hybrid tank-beatstick-support like Khaine or Grey could help a lot as well. I love Khaine in Church teams (if you later build that way) because she can help out significantly with Martyr Sacrifice strategically mitigating damage (her other stuff like double damage to dark attack and 4 armor is gravy), and she offsets the usually softish Inquisitors as someone who can usually advance to the front and intercept safely. Grey has one drawback which is offset by the fact that he can use a push maneuver instead of a basic attack to make someone lost their last life point, but he's a level 40 with the stats of a 50 and some great abilities. Be aware if you use his My Life for Thine that Romeo won't get a miracle token from his death because he's removed from play instead of killed. As far as your advantage cards go, you can just play with the ones you have now and try swapping them around. Neither they nor the Gears have great synergy with what you have so far, but the best way to learn about them is to experiment and proxy :) At the end of the day it's fine if you have fun and you could always roll that Crit right when you need it.

Edit: I think you'll find Advance Deploy let's Daniella get a good spot on her own, so Luzbell can do nasty things like placing Romeo straight into base contact with large base characters or setting up Claire with a clear line of charge. Using her full control zone she gives characters a 17" +/- free move off of their activation, which is lovely.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated. As to beat-sticks, I was looking at the cheap-ish guy with Cross Counter whose name I forget as a possibility.

What are your thoughts on Reinholdt or Cordelia (? - the chick in the big gown with the big gun), I love their models and Reinholdt seems to be a more aggressive version of Luzbell with similar movement powers.

Bob Smith said:

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated. As to beat-sticks, I was looking at the cheap-ish guy with Cross Counter whose name I forget as a possibility.

What are your thoughts on Reinholdt or Cordelia (? - the chick in the big gown with the big gun), I love their models and Reinholdt seems to be a more aggressive version of Luzbell with similar movement powers.

Kronen could be good with Luzbell adding movement support for him. He's very cheap for his stats, but needs a supporter to be really effective, which you have plenty of. His base damage is reeeaaally nice. Reinholdt could work, but I think you would need to take out one of your softer characters for him to avoid having too many supporter-types. Luzbell will be a little more consistent than him for movement, but he has some nice damage/throw tricks. Cordelia is very mean and likely the best shooter in the game. Again I'd take out a softer character to run her, but she's very good because she can stay hidden after shooting which makes her a pain to target. In case you weren't aware, google Anima Tactics Oracle and you can see most of the character stats spoiled. And common sense, but my advice is just that. My experiences could differ from someone else's entirely and it just comes down to what you enjoy playing, so I heavily recommend playtesting with proxies before you commit to something. Send any more questions you have my way :)

Edit: Also, Renholdt's Team Les Jaeger is awesome. A Les Jaeger team with Alastor and someone else has won our last two local tournaments (it came down to a few points between the two of us at one though!).

I've done a bit of thinking and come up with the following lists at 350 to work towards:

1) Good Aligned List

Leader: Romeo Exxet (75) with Orb of Power (+5)

Warrior: Daniella Meris (45) with Piercing Weapon (+5)

Warrior: Khaine D'Lacreu (50)

Warrior: Claude Valmore (45) with Afterimage (+5)

Plot: Tactical Advantage (+10)

Plot: Power Source (+20)

Total Cost of Units: 340/350, +45 points of Advantages = 350/350 + 35 Advantage Points

2) Wissenschaft List

Warrior/Mystic/Leader: Legacy of Solomon (65) piloted by Reist Ebersbacher (+25)

Warrior/Mystic: Grimorium (45) piloted by Steiner Wenzel (+5)

Warrior/Mystic: Goethia (50) piloted by Valeria Strauss (+10)

Warrior/Mystic: Goethia (50) piloted by Edgard Ivanescu (+0)

Warrior: Hiro (50) with Last Stand (+10) and Supernatural Armour (+10)

Prowler: Cordelia Rosalind (45)

Plot: Chosen Prey (+15)

Plot: Logistics (+5)

Total Cost of Units: 345/350, +40 points of Advantages = 350/350 + 35 Advantage Points