gathering storm and outmaneuver banned completely???

By thorondor, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

i just had a look at the tournament rules and realized, that The Gathering Storm and Outmaneuver are both listed as banned cards. but not only for melee (as i assumed).

so, these cards are definately banned, correct??

actually i welcome the banning of Gathering Storm, cause this autoinclude-plot was so boring ...

Yes. You are reading that correctly and the two plots are banned completely from the Legacy format. My guess is that they needed to stay banned from Melee for game flow and timing reasons and FFG decided that maintaining two different banned lists, one for Joust and one for Melee, was not a great idea for the LCG-centered era.

ktom said:

Yes. You are reading that correctly and the two plots are banned completely from the Legacy format. My guess is that they needed to stay banned from Melee for game flow and timing reasons and FFG decided that maintaining two different banned lists, one for Joust and one for Melee, was not a great idea for the LCG-centered era.

you mean a third list. LCG has its own banned list ...

anyway, i didnt hear/read anything about the bannning of those plots. i would have expected some comments as usually when banning such popular cards.

guess there are more important things to complain about right now ;-)

People were far too distracted by the "early rotation" to discuss the Joust banning of the plots, I think. It was mentioned, but was not a particularly impactful topic of conversation.