What to play between campaigns?

By tripecac, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Last weekend I finished the first JiME campaign (and did pretty poorly). I'd like to want to take a break before starting the 2nd (or restarting the 1st with my kids). I'm still playing LotR LCG every week (and LOTRO every day), and am itching for something non-Middle Earth for a change!

I'd like to start a different campaign-style solo game, ideally something more relaxing and "forgiving" than Journeys in Middle Earth. In other words, I'd rather not have an aggressive threat meter breathing down my neck. For that reason, I think I will save the Cthulhu-themed games (Mansions of Madness, AH LCG, EH, AH, etc.) for later. Ditto for Pandemic Legacy.

Here are some of the games that are sitting on my shelf, unopened, and which are neither LotR or Cthulhu related, and which have good reputations for solo games :

- Gloomhaven
- Mage Knight
- 7th Continent
- Legends of Andor

Also, I can start these:

- Scythe (Rise of Fenris introduces a campaign, right?)
- Conflict of Heroes

I also have Too Many Bones coming soon, so I could hold off for that.

So... any suggestions on what would be a pleasant solo campaign game to fill the gap until the next deep dive into Middle Earth?

Edited by tripecac

Is this question better asked on BGG (since it propose a break from LotR and Arkham, both of which are FFG)?

2 hours ago, tripecac said:

Is this question better asked on BGG (since it propose a break from LotR and Arkham, both of which are FFG)?

I would say so, yes.

Okay, I reposted the question in BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2251702/what-play-between-campaigns

It will be interesting to see if it gets any more responses there. It certainly might not. It could be that it's just a bad question! After all, it's asking people to discuss games that are unlike the game we're supposed to be discussing.

It's like going to a winery and saying "excuse me, but I'm getting a little tired of wine, so can anyone recommend a music supply shop?" And... silence. "Anyone? Anyone?"

My only hope is that someone else finished the campaign, is experiencing similar "threat fatigue", and is also in the mood to consider/discuss different types of games.