Losing question

By Dentifrice, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hi,

I have a question. I understand that most mission, you can lose and continue, right ?

But there are some missions toward the end that can end you campaign. Or let’s say you lose at the last mission.

Can you reload your savegame and try it again ? Or you need to restart the whole campaign ? Someone told me that if you lose on a mission like this (those who can end the campaign), you CAN’T reload your save.

If you need to restart the whole campaign on these missions ending the campaign (or losing at the last one), I may skip the game...

I don’t mind playing the same missions but you need a lot of time and my group don’t play enough to restart the campaign 4 times to pass it...

thanks

I reloaded the first campaign my group played right after we got slaughtered in the finale out of curiosity. The app loaded to the last auto save point in the last mission. So it doesn't start the mission over from the beginning meaning you have to know who was where, damage and fear dealt, etc. The auto save point was so late that it did not make up for our mistakes and failed testing earlier in the mission either.

Imho, you should restart the campaign to get a different result if you end up losing the campaign. It's disappointing I know cause losing really stings after the time commitment. However, I learned a lot about deck building and proper hero/role selection. I started a second campaign (solo this time) and I've won every chapter and I'm on chapter 11 now. Also, knowing the missions and how they work, getting different trinkets and titles, winning more to get more XP and Lore makes a huge difference.

If you haven't done a second campaign yet, I'd at least do that before you make a decision. I liked the game the first time through, but I'm really enjoying it after getting some experience and having much better success the second go around.

24 minutes ago, The Archangel said:

I reloaded the first campaign my group played right after we got slaughtered in the finale out of curiosity. The app loaded to the last auto save point in the last mission. So it doesn't start the mission over from the beginning meaning you have to know who was where, damage and fear dealt, etc. The auto save point was so late that it did not make up for our mistakes and failed testing earlier in the mission either.

Imho, you should restart the campaign to get a different result if you end up losing the campaign. It's disappointing I know cause losing really stings after the time commitment. However, I learned a lot about deck building and proper hero/role selection. I started a second campaign (solo this time) and I've won every chapter and I'm on chapter 11 now. Also, knowing the missions and how they work, getting different trinkets and titles, winning more to get more XP and Lore makes a huge difference.

If you haven't done a second campaign yet, I'd at least do that before you make a decision. I liked the game the first time through, but I'm really enjoying it after getting some experience and having much better success the second go around.

thanks

In fact I never played the game... I intend to play it solo because one member of my group HATES LOTR with passion so it seems if I wanna play it, it will by myself !

I'm a hugeeee fan of Mansion of madness 2nd so this game, with similar mechanic plus a campaign (I love story driven game) looks fun. I just don't know if I'm willing to play this campaign several times until I succeed in solo...

I bought the game ! Can’t wait to start a game!