Arkham horror 4th edition?

By Hannibal_pjv, in Arkham Horror: Final Hour

That was quick. We did get 3rd edition half year ago and now fourth edition... ;)

Well there is always room in mythos to new games. The speed seems to be the best thing in here. Interesting to see if the game play is interesting and fun. But it is nice to get even faster mythos game.

Does this Also get expansions or is this now it is ”ready” game from the box. Ffg so not likely. But that would mean that 3rd edition and this competes to have expansions. Interesting to see how that goes.

11 hours ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

That was quick. We did get 3rd edition half year ago and now fourth edition... ;)

Well there is always room in mythos to new games. The speed seems to be the best thing in here. Interesting to see if the game play is interesting and fun. But it is nice to get even faster mythos game.

Does this Also get expansions or is this now it is ”ready” game from the box. Ffg so not likely. But that would mean that 3rd edition and this competes to have expansions. Interesting to see how that goes.

It's not fourth edition, it's just another game in the Arkham Files universe, like Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness and Elder Sign.

Even if it’s own game it still feels a bit much so soon though, especially considering the reuse of art. It’s worse than EA and UbiSoft watering down franchises with over saturation.

I know that the game is not fourth edition... But it definitely is in the same ballpark. The short game time is huge bonus, so waiting to see this in live!

On 8/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, NulEnvoid said:

Even if it’s own game it still feels a bit much so soon though, especially considering the reuse of art. It’s worse than EA and UbiSoft watering down franchises with over saturation.

No exploring for clues, no story no items no different types of characters... just enter a space and instant kill of monsters !! it may get new players in but.... i stick with "death may die" coming soon....

On 8/4/2019 at 3:11 PM, Hannibal_pjv said:

I know that the game is not fourth edition... But it definitely is in the same ballpark. The short game time is huge bonus, so waiting to see this in live!

It feels like this is meant to kind of step in and take Elder Sign's place as the 'short' game in the Arkham Files series, now that it's been confirmed that ES is 'completed'.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, KBlumhardt said:

It feels like this is meant to kind of step in and take Elder Sign's place as the 'short' game in the Arkham Files series, now that it's been confirmed that ES is 'completed'.

Where is it confirmed that ES is completed?

2 hours ago, dpj1967 said:

Where is it confirmed that ES is completed?

The recent AMA with Andrew Navarro, the head of FFG.

Well, that's a shame. I was a big fan.