SSD Repaint

By BozoLtD, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

So I got a hold of my SSD and instantly did not like the color scheme which has been a theme with most of the models. Over the last couple of days, I went through stages to get this monster painted. I am pleased and figured I would share with the community and give other ideas. Over all, it was not difficult just took time.

Stage 1:

Simple base coat using Chaos Black basing spray. I did not do any stripping.

No photo description available.

Image may contain: shoes

Stage 2:

I really liked how this turned out. I almost stopped here. I used a dry brush technique with Dawnstone Dry for the outer layer and Mechanicus Grey (Air) for the middle/command deck.

Image may contain: people sitting

Stage 3.1:

You will see my SD next to the SSD here. This is why I went with the red strip. I have this theme on a lot of my ships. I like it though I am thinking of shading out the red that goes over the mid section. I also plan on adding the imperial symbol on the wings or adding aurebesh like on my SD.

I hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Edited by BozoLtD

Awesome. Mine will be in my hands Tuesday. I mostly just add red paneling and striping to my ships.

35,000 gallons of red paint must have cost the Empire a pretty penny, lol.

I really like it! The red stripe is the best, as it makes it unique.

1 hour ago, AegisGrimm said:

35,000 gallons of red paint must have cost the Empire a pretty penny, lol.

I really like it! The red stripe is the best, as it makes it unique.

Many Bothans died painting this SSD

Wow I really like how you managed to get the inner structure area darkened.

Hey, anyone aready painted the Executor scheme ans got pictures? Which paint combination worked for the blueish/gray color?

Edited by M0N0LITH