How does Blast interact with other qualities?

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

There are a variety of weapons that have both Blast and Breach, or Burn, or any number of qualities. If you trigger both Blast and another quality (or a passive, of course) does it affect the targets affected by Blast? For example, you fire a Flame Projector at a group of Stormtroopers and score one Success, 4 Advantage. You deal 9 damage and trigger both Blast (9 damage) and Burn. That means that all of the Stormtroopers have one health left. Now the Burn quality obviously applies to the original target, but does it apply to the other Stormtroopers as well?

Another example: You throw an Armor Piercing Grenade (13 dam, 3 crit, Blast 4, Pierce 3) at a group of Stormtroopers and score 3 success, 2 advantage. You trigger Blast. The main Target is obviously dead, but what about the others? If pierce applies, then you ignore 3 points of armor and deal 7 damage, killing them, but if it only applies to the original target, you only deal 7 damage to targets with 5 soak, 5 wounds.

Of course you also have concussive and disorient etc. but the examples I gave are the most common ones.

19 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

There are a variety of weapons that have both Blast and Breach, or Burn, or any number of qualities. If you trigger both Blast and another quality (or a passive, of course) does it affect the targets  affected by Blast  ?

It depends on the quality. Basically passive qualities apply to all hits, and Blast causes a hit on all engaged with your target. And active qualities require activation on a per target basis.

Weirdly, though, none of the CRBs have that verbiage anywhere. So I'm grabbing info from Genesys :

GCRB86: " If the attack is successful and Blast activates, each character (friend or foe) engaged with the original target suffers a hit…. "

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

For example, you fire a Flame Projector at a group of Stormtroopers and score one Success, 4 Advantage. You deal 9 damage and trigger both Blast (9 damage) and Burn. That means that all of the Stormtroopers have one health left. Now the Burn quality obviously applies to the original target, but does it apply to the other Stormtroopers as well?

GCRB87: " When Burn is triggered, one target hit by the attack continues to suffer the weapon’s base damage each round…If multiple targets suffer hits from a weapon with Burn, the quality may be triggered multiple times, affecting a different target each time. "

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You throw an Armor Piercing Grenade (13 dam, 3 crit, Blast 4, Pierce 3) at a group of Stormtroopers and score 3 success, 2 advantage. You trigger Blast. The main Target is obviously dead, but what about the others?

GCRB88: " Any hits from this weapon ignore a number of points point of soak equal to the weapon’s Pierce rating. "

So, again, it's not made super clear in the SWRPG books. But being as how Genesys is a revised ruleset I think we can safely use it as a way to clarify things.

@c__beck Thanks! I'm glad to have that cleared up.

Looking back at the AoR CRB more, I noticed that in the description for the Flame Projector it actually says pretty much what you said.

But I just found this in FO in the description for the BKX-4 Shockwave Grenade: "If the user activates this grenade's Disorient or Knockdown qualities, these qualities affect all characters at short range from the target (even if they are not damaged by the weapon)."

Is this just a peculiarity with this grenade, or does this indicate that it depends based on the quality? Note that Blast for this grenade only extends to engaged range, so the quote above is not necessarily stating that the application of Disorient or Knockdown to all targets is unusual.

Looks like it's specific to that weapon.

15 minutes ago, c__beck said:

Looks like it's specific to that weapon.

Okay.

My first response is that Blast doesn't interact very well with anything.

It pretty much messes up anything of quality that it runs into.

26 minutes ago, Mark Caliber said:

My first response is that Blast doesn't interact very well with anything.

It pretty much messes up anything of quality that it runs into.

Ooh the puns... :P