[Ruling] False Loyalties

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

I am first player, my opponent wins a conflict and I react with False Loyalties to switch their characters.

If Kaede is sent home can they resolve all ring elements? Does the ring still have void? If Kaede is moved into the conflict from home, can they resolve all elements during 3.2.6?

If Ivory Kingdoms Unicorn is switched in or out, can it trigger its ability at 3.3?

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

I am first player, my opponent wins a conflict and I react with False Loyalties to switch their characters.

If Kaede is sent home can they resolve all ring elements? Does the ring still have void? If Kaede is moved into the conflict from home, can they resolve all elements during 3.2.6?

Isawa Kaede stops adding the Void element to the ring as soon as she is moved out of the conflict by False Loyalties. However, the delayed “if this character wins the conflict as an attacker” part of the effect will still resolve, so if the conflict gained an element through another means (such as Seeker of Knowledge) the Phoenix player will still be able to resolve multiple elements even if none of those elements are Kaede’s Void.

If Ivory Kingdoms Unicorn is switched in or out, can it trigger its ability at 3.3?

Because Ivory Kingdoms Unicorn’s ability triggers after the conflict ends, if it is moved out of a conflict by False Loyalties it was not attacking when the conflict finished resolving and thus its ability cannot be triggered.

[Tyler Parrott, Jul 9 2019]