Ling's Rebel Fleet build

By Ling27, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Hey everyone, Ling here. I've recently been working on building up my rebel fleet a little bit for our local area's Rebellion in the Rim campaign that will likely kick off in September. However, I've always wanted to do something different for my Rebels because, well... they are Rebels. Not everything should be the same across all rebel fleets, just due to the nature of the concept of the faction.

So, I ordered some of the old Spartan Games Halo: Fleet Battles ships off Ebay. To be specific I am getting a Epoch Class Heavy Carrier to act as my MC80... at least I hope its big enough. It also comes with three Paris class frigates. I plan on the frigates being used as either Hammerheads or Flotillas. I don't know how large those ships are. So, my inital questions are along the lines of:

- What Paint should I get? Should I make them a cream color or imperial grey with painted lines over them?

- If anyone knows the size comparison of the miniatures, could you please tell me?

- Should I paint the engines blue?!

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Also, if you have some of the Halo ships, and would like to offload them somewhere... I'm looking.

@Ling27 Here.

image0.jpg

You should be able to clean the model and then prime it like any other. I think a grey color would look nice. Blue or orange engines. Marathons are about the size of the CR-90. Fumbling cause 3 am lol. Should sleep.

Edited by TallGiraffe
On 7/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, Ling27 said:

Hey everyone, Ling here. I've recently been working on building up my rebel fleet a little bit for our local area's Rebellion in the Rim campaign that will likely kick off in September. However, I've always wanted to do something different for my Rebels because, well... they are Rebels. Not everything should be the same across all rebel fleets, just due to the nature of the concept of the faction.

So, I ordered some of the old Spartan Games Halo: Fleet Battles ships off Ebay. To be specific I am getting a Epoch Class Heavy Carrier to act as my MC80... at least I hope its big enough. It also comes with three Paris class frigates. I plan on the frigates being used as either Hammerheads or Flotillas. I don't know how large those ships are. So, my inital questions are along the lines of:

- What Paint should I get? Should I make them a cream color or imperial grey with painted lines over them?

- If anyone knows the size comparison of the miniatures, could you please tell me?

- Should I paint the engines blue?!

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Also, if you have some of the Halo ships, and would like to offload them somewhere... I'm looking.

Hope I helped out.

3 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Hope I helped out.

Dude, that helped out a lot. I am even more excited for this ship conversion and stuff now. Thank you.

Cool, I was originally going to use an Epoch as a counts-as Assault Frigate Mk2, as it looks a bit like a dreadnought.

Yesterday I got my Epoch in the mail. Very exciting times for the Rebel Fleet as I've been looking forward to a fun modeling project and this is simple enough to not take too long. I started by removing the peices from the sprue and cleaning up the model. As the sprue didnt come with assembly instructions I took to the internet to look at various images and played around with the peices to see how it went together.

[Spot saved for image]

After playing around I got to work. I built the central structure of the build and thought to myself about how I could get some of Mel's star ship hull peices and make multiple ships out of these things if I wanted. The hard angles and such make for good design off shoot points. Either way, I wanted at least one Standard Epoch.

After I got the central most structure built I worked out how the second layer went on. There had been some slight warping on the sprue but nothing I couldnt handle. I used super glue dabs on the designated spots (the little bulbs and indents) as well as a few other locations that would be covered up.

I then got the primary top layer on. At this point I noticed the molded on weapons stations. While I don't personally mind them, as they are similar to the already existing weapons stations on Armada models, I was wondering if I should replace them with Mel's ISD turrets that he makes. I will need to order a set of keyholes for the bottom of the ship anyway, so maybe why not? The ship has 5 on either side, and 2 on each side of the center at the front.

Regardless, I finished getting the two small parts that go on the front of the ship under the angled superstructure, and snapped a few pictures while making wooshing and turbolaser sounds...

[Insert picture here]

I with the model complete I thought about the three Paris class Frigates that come with it. I think I am going to use them as some stand in Rogues/Villians squadrons, as their size is about right for that, and it will change the shape of those on the table.

Next I'll need to determine if I should put the ISD turrets on there, or if I should leave it the way it is. Also will need to figure out what color I am going to paint it, and if I should do a New Republic theme or Rebel Alliance theme. Let me know what you think.