Is New Tadaka restricted?

By Jadawi, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere but I did search and didn't find anything.

I've checked the rules reference and confirmed:

1. I can only have 3 copies of 'isawa tadaka' across both decks, not 3 of each (RR pg 6 Deckbuilding)

2. In the dynasty phase, I can discard either the dynasty version from a province or the conflict version from my hand to put fate onto whichever version I have in play (RR pg 7 Duplicates)

What I'm not sure on is if the conflict version is restricted as it is the ability on the dynasty card that has caused the restriction. Based on the Deckbuilding rules and general simplicity I think the answer is yes but this is a unique situation so I wanted to get other players thoughts. The quandary is that if I want to include this new card that wasn't available when the original Tadaka was restricted I would then lose access to all of my restricted cards even though I don't have a single one of them in my deck

Edited by Jadawi

RL cards are based on the card number so only the Phoenix pack Tadaka is a restricted card and the new one would not count as your RL card

Edited by Schmoozies

Thanks Schmoozies