Legion 42

By Fourtytwo, in Painting

I'm a fan of Star Wars and I'm a fan of miniatures and the painting side of miniatures gaming. In the past almost 3 years, I've painted a whole lot of miniatures for Star Wars Imperial Assault, which you can see in the painting thread over in the Imperial Assault-forum on this site. Since I've always been of the mind that both games can happily coexist because they scratch different itches, I now finally took the dive into Star Wars Legion, too.

I'm an experienced painter and paint all my Star Wars minis (and models) to a display-standard. I prefer the rebels, both for the attitude and because they provide me with a large variety of forms and colour-schemes. Thus, it's only fitting that I started my journey into Legion by painting Sabine Wren from Star Wars REBELS:

Sabine_Wren005.png.eb7e9b610a29b9657185d

Sabine_Wren006.png.c5cecbc0ef31e4a1afcb8

Sabine_Wren007.png.0ebef8beb6427cb2a9d89

Sabine_Wren008.png.e70479269b067c12b8236

I've also started painting the rebel landspeeder, adorned with some worn artwork by Sabine. I like this model a lot, because it has so much personality and represents the inventiveness of the rebelsvery well.

Rebel_Speeder_WIP003.png.bad3ff29418b653

Rebel_Speeder_WIP004.png.798e277e114d2b6

Wow! Fantastic work!

Amazing work on both pieces so far. Looking forward to more posts.

Very cool! I'm watching with interest to see what you come up with next. Also what methods did you use?

Image result for mother of god gif Image result for mother of god gif

That is perfection! Well done

….meingott….great werk!...

7 hours ago, wintermoonwolf said:

….meingott….great werk!...

Vielen Dank! :)

It's been a very hot week here in Germany, too hot to consistently paint. Still, I've continued working on my landspeeder and made some - albeit slow -progress. I'll post an update, soon.

superb Cool!! great paintjob!! looking forward to see more...

Looks amazing. Brave of you to paint gaming pieces to this standard too. I’ll have to check out your IA ones next.

****, fantastic. All the way down to the texture and color on the desert basing. Keep it flowing please!

If I could paint like you, I would quit my job and just do that. Your Sabine is exquisite.

Whoa.

//Looks at his own Sabine... looks back photo... cries

It's currently going a bit slow, because I'm also doing stuff for Imperial Assault - like painting up two Royal Guards from Legion to be used as models in IA:

5d5707c3e61c9_EMPIRERoyalGuards01.png.38

I'm also painting another Sabine for a friend of mine.

13 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

I'm also painting another Sabine for a friend of mine.

Can I be your friend too?! 😉

Great job on the Imperial Guard regardless. The work is so clean...

33 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Can I be your friend too?! 😉

Sure - but it shouldn't be dependent on me painting a Sabine for you. 😊

Edited by Fourtytwo

Having just spent days trying to get the paint scheme on her helmet right, I can honestly say that your treatment of the headgear is an absolute masterpiece. The details are so exquisite on such an incredibly small canvas that it borders on being superhuman.

I could hang this photo in a gallery, and stare at it for hours. Thank you for posting this, it is pure perfection.

These are freaking AMAZING! Can't wait to see more.

-Arctic

I’m completely baffled as to how you got the owl detail on Sabine’s pauldron...how??