Rules Clarification for "Push" (General and Constant Vigilance)

By Kunitzu San, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey players!

Have a rules question that I hope someone clear up for me. We were playing Loku's Side Mission "Constant Vigilance" earlier this week, and the question was raised regarding the Push rules for the prisoners. Per the rules reference, I as the Imperial player interpreted that pushing figures (which the prisoners functioned as via tokens) is not considered a move action or uses movement points, thus ignoring any movement penalties through other figures. The Rebels took some issue with this, understandably, as the logic would dictate that the prisoners would not run through their liberators.

For this mission specifically, and indeed the game at large, is their a definitive ruling/reconciliation on this? I want everyone to have fun, but I also want to be sure that we are following the rules to ensure that games are proceeding in a fair manner (both the Empire and the Rebels should have equal opportunity to succeed in their missions, and I ultimately feel like I'm on the losing end of that because I compromise too much for the sake of the Rebel's enjoyment. I want players to have fun, and I certainly have fun playing, even when I'm losing, but it does take a toll after awhile).

Push X uses Move X spaces, it doesn't use movement points, thus extra movement point costs do not apply. Neutral figures also have their own rules - they would not have extra movement point costs because they are not hostile towards anyone or vice versa.

PUSH
Some abilities push figures. The player resolving this ability moves the figure the specified number of spaces
using the rules for move X spaces.

• The figure can be moved in any direction. It does not need to move directly away from the figure using the
push ability.

• A pushed figure is not voluntarily exiting its space.

• Pushing a figure requires no movement points, it uses the rules for move X spaces (no additional mp costs).

• If a non-ability effect pushes a figure, such as a mission rule or if a door closes between two spaces
occupied by a large figure, the player controlling that figure determines its placement.

• While pushing a large figure, it cannot move diagonally and cannot be rotated.

• When a figure with Massive or Mobile is pushed, the push ignores terrain, and a figure with Massive can
end movement when occupying spaces with another figure(s).

Move X Spaces : If an ability moves a figure a listed number of spaces, this movement ignores movement
point costs. All other effects of terrain and figures apply, for example the figure cannot end its movement in
another figure's space. Usually abilities use the forms “move up to X spaces” and “may move 1 space”. You
cannot save movement from move X spaces for later. When moving in this way, a large figure's base cannot
rotate and must retain its orientation.

Edited by a1bert