Purchasing replacement minis

By ratdebois, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Hey folks,

I picked up the Imperial Assault core set a couple of years ago, and played it quite a bit. Then, I made the foolhardy mistake of trying to pain the minis. Admittedly, my skills were quite pitiful at the time, and I really made a mess of things. So much so, that I haven't brought the game out in over a year due to the embarrassment. Does anyone know if it is even possible to buy the core set minis alone, without having to purchase the entire box all over again?

Thanks in advance!

Officially, there isn't a way to purchase just the minis. You could try eBay, or emailing FFG's customer service. No guarantee that they'll do it, though.

In the meanwhile, you could try dropping the miniatures that bother you into a bowl of Simple Green.

I haven't tried it myself, but most folks who claim to know say that Simple Green will weaken acrylic paint enough to be scrubbed off in a day or so. I don't know that it would do anything to enamels.

You could also just paint over the mistakes if the paint isn't already done too thick.

You can strip the paint.

The first thing to learn when painting is to thin your paints enough. And the second one is that you won't watch the result from 5cm distance when playing, so almost everything looks good on the table.

Drop them in some dettol for a couple of hours. and then scrub them with a toothbrush