TIE Fighter ace

By ArmadaMatt, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

535694183_2019-07-1612_18.thumb.jpg.e998ed44e785fe2684c0f0c389fd404f.jpg

I'm the slowest painter in the world, but I'm excited to post my latest painted squadron!

Awesome work on it, I like how clean they look.

Sir, I salute you for painting the inside struts...

:D

2 hours ago, TheWampa said:

Sir, I salute you for painting the inside struts...

:D

For me, it's the only way to go! I'm on the side of quality over quantity on these squadron paints. But man, they make it difficult.

I find I do one pass of painting a thick, squiggly strut in gray and have to go back to straighten and thin it up by painting black over it. Takes forever. Maybe a better painter could do it right the first time, but I'm still fairly new to this.

8 minutes ago, ArmadaMatt said:

For me, it's the only way to go! I'm on the side of quality over quantity on these squadron paints. But man, they make it difficult.

I find I do one pass of painting a thick, squiggly strut in gray and have to go back to straighten and thin it up by painting black over it. Takes forever. Maybe a better painter could do it right the first time, but I'm still fairly new to this.

Keep practicing and you’ll be cranking out 2-3 squads an hour like me 🙂

14 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Keep practicing and you’ll be cranking out 2-3 squads an hour like me 🙂

Are you serious? I spend about 2-3 hours on one squad. 😲

36 minutes ago, ArmadaMatt said:

Are you serious? I spend about 2-3 hours on one squad. 😲

Absolutely. IT is just practice and familiarity. I have every confidence. You'll get there, if you just let it get there :) Pushing it is where you;ll compromise and not be happy... SO just keep being happy and keep working on it.

In the end, you've got to be happy with all aspects, and honestly, speed comes with time