thinkbomb mini paint thread - cave spiders

By thinkbomb, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Ran into a unique problem, figured I'd get your feedback. (sorry for the blurry picture, camera wouldn't focus)

spiders.jpg.7017dd23cc3c54712be6f30190ca

so, plan A was to base texture, prime, paint, etc. ... but I started these at 10pm, was tired, and primed first. whups.

thing is, I actually like this ghost-white effect that this habberdash xenithal rattlecan prime approach resulted in. So ... after I touch up the spots the spray can missed I'll be leaving the spiders with a gray/white base shaded/highlighted from there.

Where it becomes a problem, and where I'm asking for advice, is what to do with the base at this point. These spiders have a very low profile and the legs are really hard to paint under (especially for a rookie like myself) ... so I can't really handpaint on the cobblestone.

I'd exact-o knife off the spiders and do it by hand that way ... but I don't have a hobby-drill to pin in the mini yet. 8\

So yeah, what would you suggest I do for the base? Goop in some GW-texture mud and hope for the best?

You can cut off and then glue it back with superglue - it will hold just fine, no drill and extra hold is needed.

spiders3.jpg spiders1.jpg spiders2.jpg

there they be.