Karithorne Inspired

By Skaflok, in Runewars List Building

So is there any group consensus which of 4*1 Latari archers versions to include?

Tempered steel/rank discipline/dipatch runner/cqt/wind rune?

Keep it as cheap as possible or make it central piece of strategy?

ts seems like auto inclued as long as you do not want to wind rune, but what else?

I see the value of fire Rune, but without run manipulation you average 2 damage per shot tempered steel will net you 4, guarantee. A single rally or Hawthorne skill nets you a second use and you pull ahead of FR.

KariThorn banks on swinging big early so I like the idea of dispatch runner. As a player with no experience as Daqan, my instinct is:

198/200
Oathsworn Cavalry [34] 2x2
Rank Discipline [4]
Total Unit Cost: 38

Oathsworn Cavalry [34] 2x2
Rank Discipline [4]

Lord Hawthorne [34] 1x1
Shield of Margath [6]
Might of Daqan [4]
Total Unit Cost: 44

Kari Wraithstalker [32] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]

Deepwood Archers [30] 2x2
Dispatch Runner [7]
Tempered Steel [3]
Total Unit Cost: 40

Personally, I would always say tempered steel. In a Karithorn build, you are making the archers 4 threat. This gives them a nice damage output of 8, with a surge making it 12. You could bring a fire rune, to do two attacks, one with 8, one with 2-8, but it's not going to be reliable every turn. Fire rune is more suited to the 2x1, which can strike far above its weight class.

The training is really a toss up, and if short on points, could be skipped. Rank discipline will give you better rolls. Built in precise is nice, but still doesn't always get the desired 2 hits. CQT is good for those turns you get a surprise charge, but it has rapidly diminishing value on KariThorn deepwoods, since you immeadiatly begin losing threat.

The dispatch/tempered option Church mentioned is an interesting one. You are no longer guaranteed a surge, but also are less likely to have leftover redundant surges. Since the unit wants to sit behind your other units and drop in support fire, dispatch goes really well with the deepwoods role in the build.