Dragonbone Pedant OC and Knockback /Counter attack

By Straangeer, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello Guys!

Dragonbone Pedant Overlord Card:

"Play this card on 1 monster group during your turn and keep it in your play area.

Each attack performed by a monster in this group gains +1 Heart .

Discard this card if a monster in this group defeats a hero."

1.Q: If i defeat the beastmaster's wolf familiar, do i have to discard this card?

I know that:
Familiars treated as figures/heroes

-are treated as heroes for the purpose of attacks, Monster actions, Hero abilities and feats, hero skills, abilities of items, relics, Search cards, and Overlord cards.

-are not treated as heroes for the purpose of ally skills, quest rules, Plot cards, travel events, Rumor cards and all other game effects unless noted otherwise.

I just have a feeling, it was ment to be for the "real" heroes!

and other serious question occured:

Knockback: Remove the target from the map, then place him on any empty space within 3 spaces of his original space. He counts as entering that space.

Counter Attack: After an adjacent monster resolves an attack that affects you, exhaust this card to perform an attack with a Melee weapon against the attacking monster. After this attack is resolved, if the monster was not defeated, it may continue its activation.

2.Q: After a monster ( Ynfernael Hulk ) performed a succesfull knockback, may the berserker hero play the counter attack card (it was next to him in the beggining, but after the attack it was 3 spaces away?

Edited by Straangeer

1) I think it's an Overlord card so that fits your case - a hero is defeated, the card should be discarded.

2) By the time you'd like to do the counter attack the monster's attack is completely resolved and the surge affect were resulted a Knockback (in step 4 - Spend Surges). Hero's figure were removed and placed to another empty space on the map. So most likely he is not adjacent to the attacking monster when he would like to start the Counter Attack as the attacking monster is not adjacent (any longer). I wrote most likely because theoretically the choosen empty space could be adjacent to the same monster if it was empty when the monster started the attack.

The question could be even more complicated with Orkell the Swift hero's ability if he's a Berserker with Counter Attack. Let's say the Hulk knocked back him to 1 space only. Can he use his ability to move back 1 and then do the Counter Attack? :) I think yes, he can.

3 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

The question could be even more complicated with Orkell the Swift hero's ability if he's a Berserker with Counter Attack . Let's say the Hulk knocked back him to 1 space only. Can he use his ability to move back 1 and then do the Counter Attack ? :) I think yes, he can. 

I agree with you, in connection with the timing, the two triggering condition is the same "after an adjacent monster resolves an attack" and "each time you are attacked by a monster and suffer at least 1 damage".

Amúgy köszi a munkád BGG-en! ;) (By the way, thank you for your work in BGG!)

Szívesen :) Welcome :)

I've got some more translated stuff, waiting for some final checks (the most boring part).