Elf-Stone and Woodmen's Path

By Alonewolf87, in Rules questions & answers

Perhaps this question was already asked but I didn't find anything with the Search function. If an active location as both Elf-Stone and Woodmen's Path attached to it does it need 1 or 2 progress to be explored?

I can’t find a thread either, but I’m sure theres’s been one. Oh, well. IIRC, the ruling went that woodman’s path was like a constant ability, so the location would be kept st one quest point even if other cards increased it.

Everyone, correct me if I imagined the thread, and please post it if you find it.

3 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

. IIRC, the ruling went that woodman’s path was like a constant ability, so the location would be kept st one quest point even if other cards increased it.

My doubt was that also Elf-Stone functions as a constant ability but I was unsure if the usual "for effect with the same timing/conditions the first players chooses the order into which apply them" was in effect or not.

In my mind Woodman's Path functions a bit like Vanish from Sight. Even if a card effect raises your threat to 21, your threat is still considered to be 20.

In the rules reference on Modifiers it states:

"If a value is “set” to a specific number, the set modifier overrides all non-set modifiers. If multiple set modifiers are in conflict, the most recently resolved set modifier takes precedence."

I think because Woodmen's Path "sets" the quests points to a specific number, in this case 1, it takes precedence over Elf-stone because Elf-stone only adds +1.

Previous discussion here. I'm with @stimpaksam on this one.