Concord, NH - Star Wars Armada Task Force Tournament - July 30, 2019 - Collectibles Unlimited

By Chamberlin, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Hi guys, Collectibles Unlimited will be hosting a casual 200 Point Task Force format tournament the night of 7/30/19. We have a growing community of newer players and wanted to extend the invitation to anyone in the local area interested in some after work gaming. My wife and I will be helping again to run this event so feel free to reach out with any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/collectiblesnh/

Copied from the Facebook announcement:

Collectibles Unlimited continues its tradition of small scale Tuesday night tournament gaming with its first ever Star Wars Armada Task Force Tournament. This small scale tournament is a great format for those just learning the game as well as veterans who will need to strain their list building skills to fit in everything they will need to win. The Tournament will consist of three rounds of Swiss-pairing as normal with prize support in the form of gift certificates and alt-art promos.

The Task Force format uses normal tournament list building restrictions with the following modifications:

-Fleets must not exceed 200 points
-Fleets are not required to field an Admiral, though you may if desired
-Flotillas are still restricted to 2 per fleet and may not be your flagship
-Fighters are still restricted to 1/3 of your total fleet points

So come join us for a night packed full of Star Wars Armada gaming. Demo games are available upon request in the weeks leading up to the tournament and Collectibles has plenty of ships on hand to round out your fleets.

As always table coverings will be provided but any additional game mats that can be borrowed for the event are appreciated.

Entry Fee: $10
Start Time: 6 PM

Small update for those interested. We will be using the modified deployment and objective rules found in the stellar Task Force format originally published on these forums. Below you can find a link to the pdf as well as the original thread for the rule set. Please note for this event Admirals are still optional as stated above. Hope to see you guys there!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DyC1JRhS2IXvluvEtpm0aGSnJocVEd7L/view

Just wanted to post a quick thank you to everyone who came out for the event. We had 7 people come out to play and had a good mix of both new and season players present. Congrats to Dave for taking the top slot and showing how nasty Demolisher can be in these small format games. We plan to run the event again sometime in the future and I'll be sure to post again when that happens.

Nice to see this, I'd like to come up some time to Concord, it's just slightly out of the way for me on weeknights. Weekends would be more doable. I've been getting ready for the 8/3 tournament in Saugus. It will be interesting to see how many SSD lists get played. I'm going to bring a couple lists just in case we are overrun with death triangles.

@Thrindal - The plan is to continue doing weekend events so I'll be sure to post when those come up. These Tuesday tourneys are just bonus ones! Good luck today with the tourney, we wanted to go but have family visiting.

Oh, and the store found an old promo set so you missed out on some more XI7s. :-)