Striking as Air

By AndyDay303, in Houserules

Hi,

i feel SAA is lousy. Paired with the fact that Air Ring is pretty weak (at least at my table) I’d like to see SAA improved.

Here is my thought. When you use it, you can spend 2 opportunity to raise the TN to hit you by 1.

If this adds too much to one’s TN then another thought is to allow you to reserve 1 die per opportunity spent, and add those dice to your pool on your next roll.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, AndyDay303 said:

Hi,

i feel SAA is lousy. Paired with the fact that Air Ring is pretty weak (at least at my table) I’d like to see SAA improved.

Here is my thought. When you use it, you can spend 2 opportunity to raise the TN to hit you by 1.

If this adds too much to one’s TN then another thought is to allow you to reserve 1 die per opportunity spent, and add those dice to your pool on your next roll.

Thoughts?

Most people agree Striking as Air is garbage.

But Air ring itself is definitely not bad!!! That 2opp to define something about an NPC is what I prefer about it, by far, but the +1tn isnt too shabby)

I have a houserule for it also that you can check in my houserule thread.

Edit: (here it is)

striking as air : replace by: Air 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 +: Reserve one of your rolled dice, plus one additional die per 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 spent this way. These dice become dropped dice   .    When making a check with the same skill before the end of your next turn, you may add your reserved dice to  your rolled dice, set to the value they had when reserved.  

Edited by Avatar111

Yeah I saw your house rule. I still feel it’s a bit weak. Mine is the same as yours but only requires 1 Opp per dropped die.