Questions from a returned player

By Darthvegeta800, in Anima: Tactics

Getting back into Anima: Tactics again. I had some questions.

- Is initiative rolled each turn or not?

- Can free movement be used before a movement action?

Welcome back to the game.

Yes Initiative is now rolled at the beginning of each turn.

Yes you can use Free Movement before a Move action. But only as a reaction to an opponent declaring a Character activation, not as an interupt to his move, nor can you use it if he intends to attack immediately following the characters movement. You also can only make one movement a turn per character so if you were thinking free move then make a move with the same character that can't happen)

The best way to look at this is...

When a player chooses to activate a character before they do anything specific with that character they should give their opponent a chance to react with one of their characters taking a Free Move, after that point the Player continues his activation and the turn proceeds as normal.

At least, thats the best way I can figure out emplying the rule as there is a lot of forgetfulness at my gaming table.

- Raith

Thanks, major rulebook is ordered.
I always found some elements of the rulesystem a bit 'foggy'.

All the foggy parts are pretty clear now, the Reactive Free Move is the only issue and thats a matter of how most people play a Miniature game based on past experiences.

- Raith

Correct me if I'm wrong but anything AS has ever mentioned about Reactive free moves is in reaction to a concrete event in game (this character attacked or used an ability, therefore I react) and not to "metaphysical" things like phase changes. Also You can only make 1 free movement each activation (yours or your opponents), so you're ok to walk/run/charge with one character then free move with another. Hope this helps.