D2e Card Viewer

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Today, the D2e Card Viewer extension for Chrome has been updated to support all of the cards that come with Lost Legends.

I want to thank Sadgit for taking the time to create high resolution images of the cards, as they look far better than what we would get when they are scanned. It should also be noted that some minor changes have been made to some of the cards text to fix minor inconsistencies, etc.

For those who may not currently be using the D2e Card Viewer, or don't know what it is, allow me to explain.

It essentially allows you to see card images in-line on sites such as BGG, FFG, reddit, etc. It underlines all of the card names with red dashed lines, and when you move your mouse to those key names, it will pop up an image of the card. This allows you to view the exact card that is being discussed within a thread.

If you use Chrome, I highly recommend it. You can find it here: D2e Card Viewer

I've used it and it's really helpful, thanks for your work!

Ignorant question: is it possible to make this into an extension that also works/is available in Firefox? Sorry, I know very little about how these are made.

1 hour ago, wyatt606 said:

I've used it and it's really helpful, thanks for your work!

Ignorant question: is it possible to make this into an extension that also works/is available in Firefox? Sorry, I know very little about how these are made.

I have never done any coding for Firefox. Having said that, I am sure it is probably possible, I just don't really know what it would take, as I have never used Firefox. If I find some time, I can look into it. But to be very clear, I am not promising anything. 😋

In the name of Descent owners and Firefox users I'm keeping all my fingers crossed :)

Edited by kbalazsa

I would like too a Firefox extension since I do not use Chrome and wish to not do so

Thank you 🙂

Edited by tibia
Was a wrong message

This viewer is super helpful, especially in lengthy posts discussing card interactions. Makes following along and contributing much easier.

Thank you for all the time and effort you invested in this project!

varusSMK

This morning, I downloaded FireFox and reviewed their methods for generating addon extensions. They are extremely similar to Chrome, and I was hopeful that I could simply use all of my existing stuff.

I loaded a temporary addon to FireFox locally, and all went well. There were no errrors, and it accepted all of my code.

Unfortunately, it did absolutely nothing. No errors show in the various debugging tools that are provided with FireFox.

So, as of the moment, I am a bit stumped.

To be honest, the hardest thing is usually getting the browser to load the JSON and JS code. Not sure what is going on. I will continue to spend some time when I have it trying to figure out why it won't actually do anything.