Bounty Hunter and the Robot Girl: A Boba & Guri Adventure

By wurms, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Once a powerful duo, the points increase to marauder title and han gunner put a dent in many Boba lists. Without a huge bid, and at the time, a bunch of initiative 5 ships, the power couple was all but done. Fenn Rau, aka The Third Wheel, stepped in and swept Guri off her feet. But the Great Boba Fett does not stay down for long.

The hyperspace meta is now full of initiative 6, and/or 4s and lower. With Bobas double arcs and a boost, catching higher init ships wont be a problem. Guri can block just about any ace other than other guris.

I was never a fan of han gunner. I hated stressing boba. Now that he is 12pts on top of marauder, its all but a distant memory.

Guri (63)
Predator (2)
Advanced Sensors (10)
Shield Upgrade (8)
Virago (10)

Boba Fett (86)
Debris Gambit (3)
Maul (11)
Slave I (2)
Total: 195

Slave I makes Boba unpredictable and pairs well with advance sensor guri. Any lower init ship just has a two bad decisions on which ship to target.

I add Maul crew to Boba. Force is powerful and then opens up Bobas boost while giving him mods. And with mauls ability, Boba can be double modded and stressed, just like having Han, if he suffers damage. Great for multple attacks, or just an init 6 ship shooting at you, use the force to dodge one, then take a stress to replenish force for your shot back.

Debris gambit is Bobas talent. It makes him a MEAN endgame ship. Just like assaj in 1.0. Boba will be force/evaded every round, and with rerolls if at range 1.

Guri is built like most. I go for predator over outmaneuver, just for the cheaper points, and procing predator with guri is easy as 1.2.3. The shield upgrade, combined with Virago, puts guri at 7hp and now 4 damage is needed for half points.

So, time to see how these fly, its off to the FLGS!!!

On to the matches:

Ive never put these two ships on the table together before, so I was anxious to try this list out. My first opponent however brought

Fenn/Guri with a 23pt bid.

Hmm. Alright. Lets do this.

We both set our ships wide apart. I send guri and boba racing toward Fenn, while he slow rolls guri in opposite corner first turn, and then catches on to what im doing and burns his afterburners next turn to catch up. He tries to buy time with Fenn rolling him backwards. I block Fenn with Boba a ckuple rounds later, and my Guri gets range 1 but cannot put any damage on him.

His guri burns her 2nd afterburners to get in range and out of bobas arc and plinks a couple shields from boba. A couple rounds later i see his fenn is facing wrong way and close to board edge. He could fit a hard 1, but would need to roll to the left to stay on the board the following round (his fenn and guri set up at a slightly off 10 or 15 degrees). Im not sure if he notices that, but I place boba in a spot to block his left roll if he tries that hard 1.

And he does. Fenn is stuck, and next round is off the board.

Its boba and guri vs his guri, who is out of afterburners. He flies well, and keeps taking chunks out of Boba. Until I get boba to block his guris right roll, and my guri to blocks his guris left roll, and he had a hard 1 dialed in and ate two range 1 shots and dropped his guri to like 2 hull left. A couple more rounds and My boba on 2 hull, finishes off his guri who couldnt get out of a range 2 rear arc.

Phew.

Win!

Game 2 vs Triple Jedi. Anakin and Mace with Delta and R2s, and Lumi with CLT.

One init 6 and two init 4s. This is what I was waiting for.

I threaten Mace placing Boba opposite, and he places Anakin opposite of Guri. I have no problem 1v1 Boba vs Mace so I dial in a 3 bank towards Mace. He turns away and rolls backward, so I set out for Anakin and bank the other way with Slave I and boost towards anakin. Mace and lumi are out for the next round and its boba guri vs anakin. I dont do damage but both ships setup a lock on anakin. I dont plan to use them, as my sights are on Mace, but those locks threaten Anakin every round.

Guri dodges Maces arc and his range 1 and boba hard 1s away and has Mace range 2 in rear. Anakin gets range 1 of guri. Guri loses her shields, but Mace eats tons of damage and is at 1 hull. Two rounds later he tries to regen and block guri,lol, but guri wipes him off the board. Boba boosts into Lumis range 2 and blocks anakin, and guri is on her tail and Lumi cant survive.

Opponent calls game.

Win!

Game 3 vs Jag with torpedoes, x4 gold torrents with clusters. Squad all has syched console.

A swarm! With missiles, and passing locks. Yikes.

The swarm heads for Boba round 1. I setup a hard 1 which allows me to boost away from swarm or boost in if they go for guri.

They go for guri, and guri does guri things and keeps out of range. Boba boosts into range and does 3 damage to a torrent. The entire squad is hunting guri. I dial in a 3 bank, and am able to roll backwards and bank away, only taking 1 range 3 shot in return. Meanwhile Boba kills wounded torrent. Guri takes a shield damage next round from a cluster missle.

Boba 4 straights and boosts towards a lone torrent, while guri is a carrot on a stick leading the horses away. Jag gets range 3 on her though, but Im behind a gas cloud. Figure 4 green dice, i just need 1 natty evade and a blank and torp can only do two damage, just my shields and keep me above half points still.

Nope, 3 eyeballs and 1 blank. So guri eats two shields and a crit. Half points. I begin working on jag and take his shields down, and get half of another torrent. Last round and guri just adv sensors and crashes into his ships, to get a shot on jag. Boba and Guri take Jag to 1 hull left.

I killed 1 torrent, half another torrent, and half of jag. I only loss half of guri.

Win!

Really liking the list. Im probably going to drop debris gambit and just add Lone Wolf to Guri to add a bit more defense when people chase her. Only one use of Gambit in three matches so far (used it once when Fenn Rau was attacking Boba).

To be continued....

U have 5 points remaining. Why bother dropping Debris\Boba to upgrade to Lone Wolf\Guri?

You seem to imply that Boba can catch up to Init6s in speed, but you still won't know where they are. Why are you looking forward so much to vs-Init6?

--

Is that Sync Console thing actually viable? I tried it, got into a mess of bad moves and no shots and being blocked and died without firing a single TL.

5 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

U have 5 points remaining. Why bother dropping Debris\Boba to upgrade to Lone Wolf\Guri?

You seem to imply that Boba can catch up to Init6s in speed, but you still won't know where they are. Why are you looking forward so much to vs-Init6?

--

Is that Sync Console thing actually viable? I tried it, got into a mess of bad moves and no shots and being blocked and died without firing a single TL.

I like a 5pt bid in hyperspace. Its a cushion for lists like Resistance 5's, or any Lulo list, Luke Skywalker, the imperial 5s swarm, Dooku/Maul with torps, etc. I also prefer placing rocks first in non init5 matches cause I get to place the biggest rock first.

It's not that I am looking forward to init 6 matches. But one init 6 and multiple lower init ships is not too scary depending on the init 6 ship and if I can get a 2v1. Boba's two arcs can threaten a lot of space for that init6. Many lists nowadays with init 6 and lower init support ships give away the init 6 position as well. Biggs and Wedge for instance. Wherever Biggs goes at init 3, Wedge is gonna be right there. Or as in the case of the triple jedi match. Anakin was beyond range 3 of Lumi. I wasnt sure if Anakin was gonna turn away and try to flank me, or run to Lumi for protection. But Lumi blasted forward really fast and boosted, which just told me Anakin was hard turning toward Luminara, so my init5s could now position themselves knowing where Anakin's firing arc was gonna be.

Scariest list I think in Hyperspace would be Vader/Soontir/Dutches. They all move after my two ships, and Vader hits really really hard, and blocking Soontir still gives him a focus, and then I only have one ship shooting at him if I do that. Meanwhile, Dutchess can end up anywhere.

My opponent did not use Synch Console once all game (he only fired I think 1 cluster missile as I stayed at range 3, or else Guri dodged arcs), BUT, I did have adv sensors Guri, and it made me definitely think about Synch Console and I had to plan my moves accordingly.

Point changes happened. Boba down 1. Guri and Maul up 1 each. So list went up 1pt, not too bad, but was not expecting any change.

I dropped Debris Gambit and tossed Lone Wolf on Guri.

Played vs Super RAC with 7th Sister/Grand Inq crew/Fifth Brother/proton bombs/LW/etc and Vader.

Rac in one corner, Vader in another. I figure with Bobas boost, and Guri no slow poke neither, I can get a round or two against vader 2v1 before worrying about RAC, so I take my shot and boost Boba across the middle of the map. Vader dodges Guri's arc and takes a shield from her. Boba whiffs on his attack and Vader dodges with ease. I stressed Guri taking a calculate + roll, so she cannot pursue Vader, and Vader's position blocks and sharp turns from Boba. My two rounds of attacking Vader just got turned into 1 round, and now I gotta turn around and face RAC. Not an ideal engagement for me.

Vader runs away, and Boba and Guri take on RAC, who is rolling all paint all the time. Boba loses his shields, and guri loses her shields. Meanwhile im only getting 1 or 2 hits on my reds and plinking RAC for 1 here and there. I take a proton bomb dmg with Guri so I can get a range 1 with guri on RAC and then blank out, doing 0dmg. Ugh. Now Vader is coming around and he and RAC finish Guri.

Boba does what he can and starts putting damage into RAC. Boba is about to finish RAC with a range 1 shot. Vader needs all paint to init kill my boba though, and he gets it.

Loss.

That RAC was tough with 3 force, but dice seemed a bit skewed, and if I play this again, I just go hardcore at RAC and try and have 2v1 with Vader afterwards. Really needed that range 1 guri shot to pay off.

Have you played any more games with the list?