Patrol activation contradiction?

By jaltur, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

There seems to be a contradiction on when a patrol moves.

1. Is it when you REVEAL a market card with the indicated movement?

or

2. When you purchase a market card with the indicated movement?

My understanding is that when you purchase a market card you flip the next one and do the movement off of that. You do not do that when you bury a market card though. I could be wrong though.

Just now, billvp913 said:

My understanding is that when you purchase a market card you flip the next one and do the movement off of that. You do not do that when you bury a market card though. I could be wrong though.

I'm very sure that is correct.

It is definitely the revealed card that replaces the one that you bought, because if you discard a card you do not move the patrol if the new card would normally require it.

Thanks! So once I buy or cycle a market card, I move the corresponding patrol (if any), based on the newly revealed card, the specified distance towards my character .

Sounds good.

Edited by jaltur
37 minutes ago, jaltur said:

Thanks! So once I buy or cycle a market card, I move the corresponding patrol (if any), based on the newly revealed card, the specified distance towards my character .

Sounds good.

I think of it this way. You go to market to make a purchase. Which means you are out in public. Someone recognizes you and reports you to one of the factions. That faction sends a patrol to investigate.

44 minutes ago, Reddog1134 said:

I think of it this way. You go to market to make a purchase. Which means you are out in public. Someone recognizes you and reports you to one of the factions. That faction sends a patrol to investigate.

That’s...brilliant. Nice!

8 hours ago, jaltur said:

Sounds good.

Only when you buy, not when you cycle

13 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Only when you buy, not when you cycle

THIS.

23 hours ago, jaltur said:

Sounds good.

This is very clearly explained in the rules reference:

image.png.6dbba1fde2565a312171e650593423db.png

Edited by pstalker