Which cycle are these decks suited for?

By player3351457, in Strategy and deck-building

Hey all,

I've been spending some time recently building two direct damage decks, one focused on attachments and the other on location clearing.

Here are the decks:

https://ringsdb.com/fellowship/view/7015/yousnipeiscout

I actually play tested it with Fastred instead of Dunhere and I like that dynamic better.

The idea is the "scouting" side constantly drops threat and attacks the location, while still using eomer to attack in the staging area. The other side manipulates the threat of incoming enemies, while also trying to drop damage before enemies attack (ideally, before they engage as well). I tested the decks against the 2 player LE starter quests and they beat both.

My question for you all who have experience is which of the following expansion and cycles do these decks have the best chance of clearing through? My buddy and I play one scenario a week from a given cycle, and are devoted to clearing scenarios first and foremost. We go in blind into all scenarios, so we don't really know if certain deck builds work for certain cycles. For example, we tried a gondor + Rohan decks for the ring maker cycle but abandoned them quickly for decks built specifically to combat the scenario.

I've spent a lot of time on these and don't want to discard them if we accidentally pick the wrong cycle.

We have yet to play...

1) heirs of numenor + cycle

2) lost realm + cycle

3) the grey havens + cycle

4) sands of harad + cycle (we dont own this one, though the entire set is sitting in a shopping cart right now waiting for me to buckle and buy. If this is the cycle to play with this deck, I am for sure doing it).

Thanks for all those who contribute -- I've been playing for a year and half and can't believe there is still so much more of this game to complete!

Edit: another point of clarity -- I flipped Argalad and Eomer to opposing sides, and all their corresponding sphere cards with them.

Edited by player3351457
Another thought

I would try either Gray Havens + Dreamchaser or Sands of Harad + Haradrim. Direct damage isn't a top tier archetype, and the other two cycles you mentioned are by far the game's hardest.