Sharkbelly's Star Wars Terrain II

By Sharkbelly, in Terrain Building

Hello all. I've started work on some desert terrain. I bought a new desert F.A.T. Mat and some 3D-printed terrain.

Here is some of it before priming.

large.jpg

Awesome. I've got a few pieces from Imperial Terrain that I still need to paint up. Super curious to see what you do with the center building with the roof removed. I've got that one as well. Keep us posted.

Here is the first one primed. However, I think it needs some texture.

large.jpg

Love Imperial Terrain! Here is my desert board collection. I added texture with fine basing render or stirland mud smeared onto strategic spots on the buildings.

http://imgur.com/gallery/UzEimxa

Ooh, your stuff looks great!

Here are the buildings with some texturing.

Before:

large.jpg

With one layer of texture:

large.jpg

With a second layer:

large.jpg

Edited by Sharkbelly

The textures has dried and gotten beige and white paint.

large.jpg

Very nice!

The first of the buildings is done. This is from a different seller and has less detail. I made the door.

large.jpg

Here is where everything stands at the moment.

large.jpg

The tower needs more work. I'll post detailed pics later.

Looking good! Love the drop ship!

Thanks! I am excited to get some games in on this terrain, be they Legion, SWMB, or even some of the RPG.

I tried the buildings out on a different battle mat for an RPG game last night. Here is the city:

81447831_10157129808728198_2426091450572

Here is the forest terrain in action as well.

81495441_10157129809058198_8015119048394

Edited by Sharkbelly

I ordered a few ships to add to my terrain collection today:

71ahgMJDl7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71PdM05rmyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71-PfnqfylL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hope to put together some scenarios around these later as well.

Details on that A-Wing?

That looks like the Revell A-Wing with light-up engines. It's supposed to represent a later model than the Rebellion-era, but the scale is close enough. YMMV, but I think it looks decent on the tabletop.

14 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

That looks like the Revell A-Wing with light-up engines. It's supposed to represent a later model than the Rebellion-era, but the scale is close enough. YMMV, but I think it looks decent on the tabletop.

Cool! Found it on Amazon, pretty cheap! It's listed as a Resistance ship, but I don't think the appearance makes that clear.

Agreed.

I have started working on very portable terrain. It's from Games Workshop.

medium.jpg

I've finally started on these. Here they are assembled.

20200619_170338.jpg.58bad801a39160fe98f9