5-0 Hyperspace Qualifiers: Wedge, Luke, Braylen, Jake

By wurms, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Took the same list I finished 25th in System Open, only swapped Marksmanship on Jake for crackshot. I figure if it only happens once or twice in 6 games, id rather it be a damage.

Thanks to

@Biophysical and @MegaSilver for giving me the confidence run this. A mix of their lists, and I love it.

Wedge Antilles (52)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Jake Farrell (36)
Crack Shot (1)

Luke Skywalker (62)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Braylen Stramm (47)
Total: 198

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Game 1 vs ps2 Uwing and 5 naked ywings.

Im use to flying against swarms. Local player just flies swarms so I have a lot of tourney match experience.

I send wedge and jake left, braylen middle and luke right. Swarm comes down middle. I wont commit until they do. They turn towards wedge, but jake focuses wedge who links to a boost, then does 2 straight and b-rolls out of range of all but one ywing. Mean while braylen gets shields off one, luke gets position behind swarm.

The game is a lot of maneuvering wedge, trying not to get hit, and it works, as brayeln and wedge just tear em up. I try to stay range 3 of the two dice ywings and it works. They start getting injured and then dropping.

Win. Cant remeber score, but i didnt lose a ship until last round when Braylen finally went down, and he lost 3 ywings and half of another?

Game 2 vs Jake, Wedge with torps and r2, and luke with torps and r2 and evasion force talent?

Braylen and luke slow roll up middle while jake and wedge zoom up left side. His three ship come down right side.

I lock his luke with wedge and my luke, braylen focused and stressed has his wedge in arc.

Now, because I locked his luke, his wedge feels safe and just locks braylen.

His wedge is focusless, so I just fire with wedge and luke and braylen at his wedge and drop him to 1 hull remaining. I had great positioning where my locks on his luke where gonna be used next round, so why not go for wedge here.

Next round my jake took out his wedge, and my wedge luke braylen took out his luke all with full mod shots. He conceded after that. Game was over in 20 minutes?

Win.

Game 3 vs Rebel Beef Cassian,Wedge,Dutch with adv torps and ion, braylen.

I again brought luke and braylen up middle-ish and wedge and jake flanked left. Jake focused up Wedge who then then locked Cassian. Luke also locked cassian. His wedge locked braylen. His wedge had no focus for defnese, so I just attacked his wedge with Wedge,Luke, Braylen and his wedge died.

Next round my wedge and braylen and jake all went for his braylen and dropped his braylen to 1 hull left. Meanwhile he took out my wedge.

He ran with braylen, while I worked on cassian. It came down to half luke and full braylen vs his 1 hull braylen and dutch. He couldnt kill my braylen in time and luke lived.

Close match that I dont ever want to repeat. Awesome opponent who flew his butt off. I scraped by with a win.

150-145

Game 4 vs Rebel Beef: Ps2 Uwing, thane,Wedge,Biggs.

He zooms down the right with 4 straight boost. I have braylen and luke in middle 1 bank b-roll backwards. Wedge and jake flank left. He zooms again and I keep braylen back buying time for wedge to creep around, while luke inches toward middle of board.

He 2 banks biggs toward Braylen and this gives me all the info i need on then and wedge. I 3 straight braylen, the focus and b-roll left. This puts braylen out of biggs, thane and wedge arc while getting shots pf uwing.

Luke takes biggs shields, while braylen and wedge take uwings sheilds. None of his ships get shots. This was probably the game deciding round.

Next round luke runs, and wedge, jake, and braylen ps kill the uwing. My luke gets hurt bad though and has structural damage crit.

Luckily I get a block on his wedge with jake, and wedge and braylen drop his wedge.

My luke talons on one health and puts more hurt on biggs before his thane finishes off my luke. Time is called, I talon roll wedge, and finish off his biggs while thane puts damage on Braylen.

It was a super close game and I won by 15pts?

Game 5 vs Wat vulture swarm

I slow roll braylen in middle while swarm comes fast left side towards braylen. Luke,Wedge,Jake fly up right side, trying to get behind swarm while using braylen as bait.

I keep 1 banking broll backward braylen, and even 2 sharp away at one point, just to buy time for luke and wedge to flank. Its important they all get shots at same time.

Engagement happens, i blunder and forget to open lukes foils so he only has two dice (11th game in 2 days, dont fail me now BRAIN!) But I still drop two vultures thanks to no eyeballs on opponents green dice.

My opponent goes hard at wedge and wedge one shots another vulture. Meanwhile my geeen dice are smoking and naked wedge rolls natty evades two times in a row. This was the round that changed the game.

It was a scrum after that. Braylen did major work while opponent went for wedge. My luke got behind his swarm.

Last round was crazy, luke got range 1 of wat and dropped him to half points. My jake just 5 straight over a rock taking damage and drop to half points ( i figured the risk was worth it cause his position sucked). His wat and vultures finished off braylen. Time is called and we add up points.

Win 124-118.

Holy ****!!! Im going to worlds!!!

Edited by wurms

That's awesome! I like that you prevailed against a lot of Rebel Beef. Congratulations!

Congrats!

Congrats! Gonna have to find you at Worlds!

Congrats and well played!

Well done! Congratulations, good luck at worlds

Just gonna add, my brother just took this list to top8 in fresno hyperspace trials! He faced 4 rebel beef and a first order in swiss.

Edited by wurms

Would you say your list has an advantage over Rebel Beef or not really? (More like equal?)

Why do you like this vs the typical Rebel Beef? (I assume Jake coordination and Luke?)

26 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Would you say your list has an advantage over Rebel Beef or not really? (More like equal?)

Why do you like this vs the typical Rebel Beef? (I assume Jake coordination and Luke?)

It has an advantage in that all my ships (Jake+Wedge, Braylen, Luke) can be spread out and still have full mods. So I can approach rebel beef from three different angles and still put a massive hurt on their list. Rebel Beefs advantage over everyone is "Leia". Coming at three different angles cuts their leia advantage down, as they only use it against 1 of my ships basically, instead of against my entire squad like when they verse a jousting list.

In terms of hitpoints, is just 5 shy (Jake instead of Cassian) but hits harder. If I trade my Braylen for their Cassian. I now have Wedge, Luke, Jake vs Wedge, Braylen, Ten and now I have a huge advantage in terms of no leia on the field, and I move after those bwings. Or trade my Wedge and Braylen, for their Wedge and Cassian and its Luke and Jake vs 2 bwings. I like those odds, especially when Jake moves after those bwings, its like having soontir on the field.

Im 3-0 vs Rebel Beef with this list. My brother is 3-1. I'd say its got a leg up on that list. The firepower is nuts. Luke,Braylen, and Wedge all full modded. Yikes. Uwings drop quick, and I think I 1 rounded quite a few Wedges.

Edited by wurms

@wurms nicely done! I might try this. It sounds very malleable.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:59 PM, wurms said:

It has an advantage in that all my ships (Jake+Wedge, Braylen, Luke) can be spread out and still have full mods. So I can approach rebel beef from three different angles and still put a massive hurt on their list. Rebel Beefs advantage over everyone is "Leia". Coming at three different angles cuts their leia advantage down, as they only use it against 1 of my ships basically, instead of against my entire squad like when they verse a jousting list.

In terms of hitpoints, is just 5 shy (Jake instead of Cassian) but hits harder. If I trade my Braylen for their Cassian. I now have Wedge, Luke, Jake vs Wedge, Braylen, Ten and now I have a huge advantage in terms of no leia on the field, and I move after those bwings. Or trade my Wedge and Braylen, for their Wedge and Cassian and its Luke and Jake vs 2 bwings. I like those odds, especially when Jake moves after those bwings, its like having soontir on the field.

Im 3-0 vs Rebel Beef with this list. My brother is 3-1. I'd say its got a leg up on that list. The firepower is nuts. Luke,Braylen, and Wedge all full modded. Yikes. Uwings drop quick, and I think I 1 rounded quite a few Wedges.

Can confirm that U-wings melt very fast against focus fire, and wedge goes down quick if he doesn't disengage

@wurms Any tips on your setup or opening moves with Wedge and Jake? I am going to try a similar list but with a Y wing instead of Luke.

Edited by Amc879

Setup should be something like this (not my game, stole from another post):

flappy.thumb.jpg.b3ca2846b8a91655af92832

Wedge and Jake in a corner. Braylen and Luke middle-ish. You want to bait with Wedge (use jakes focus action to wedge to link to a red boost away) if they come for him, but also want all three hitters on target in same round ideally. This means you may have to slow roll braylen and luke with 1 bank + roll backwards to give wedge enough time to flank through the rocks. Approach at three angles if you can to reduce kturns and such from the ships they are not attacking

I'm gonna be rollin with this:

Wedge Antilles (55)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

AP-5 (32)

Luke Skywalker (62)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Braylen Stramm (51)
Total: 200

Edited by wurms

Thanks!!! I'm gonna be tryin out Wedge, Braylen, Norra, Jake. Upgrades are still TBD.