I'm running AoC at a local con on July 10th

By JonHook, in Age of Conan

There's a fun con coming up in July here in Kansas City, KantCon (www.kantcon.com), and I'm going to run AoC during the second time slot on Saturday the 10th. I'm looking forward to the con. I can't wait to introduce AoC to new players at the con.

Anyone else ever done this? Any tips?

I've not run this at a con, but I would say the two most important things are:

1) Make sure you know the rules forwards and backwards

2) Practice teaching it as often as you can before the actual event. Use a "cheat sheet" or some form of organized notes to keep your "lesson" on track.

Good luck! This is one terrific game!

TK

The game comes with player tip sheets. I think these do an excellent job of presenting the game. Just go step by step along each part of the tip sheet, filling in additional information and defining the terminology.

I recently taught this game to three people, all of whom had none or very little boardgame experience. One of the players "got it" right away. A second player was fairly comfortable with the various elements by then end of the first age, while things finally clicked with the third player halfway through the second age.

Cool. Thanks for the tips.

I am yet to decide if I am going to kantcom or not. If I do, I will try and play AoC if it is not full. Do you know how they are organizing the event sign up? I know you have to buy a badge, but I could not tell if the events were extra money or what not.

Hi GrumpyBatman,

No, the events themselves were all totally free. People who pre-registered were able to secure a spot in a game, that's all.

The con was great, and so was the game of Age of Conan! Here are some pics:

SANY0020.jpg

SANY0021.jpg

SANY0022.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

SANY0024.jpg