Formal Invitation and the Pheonix

By Green Raven, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

So Im splashing Crane in Pheonix... Can anyone clarify some rules?

1. Can I attach Formal Invitation to a character that only temporary has 2 glory? For example, can I use my stronghold (Isawa Mori Seido) to grant an enemy 2 glory, then give him formal invitation and harpoon him into an unfavorable fight?

2. On a related note, does Fearsome Mystic gain 2 glory during an Air conflict even if she isn't actively participating in the fight?

3. Assuming I can attach Formal Invitation to a character with temporary glory, does it get discarded when the glory wears off?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Green Raven said:

So Im splashing Crane in Pheonix... Can anyone clarify some rules?

1. Can I attach Formal Invitation to a character that only temporary has 2 glory? For example, can I use my stronghold (Isawa Mori Seido) to grant an enemy 2 glory, then give him formal invitation and harpoon him into an unfavorable fight?

2. On a related note, does Fearsome Mystic gain 2 glory during an Air conflict even if she isn't actively participating in the fight?

3. Assuming I can attach Formal Invitation to a character with temporary glory, does it get discarded when the glory wears off?

Thanks!

1. Yes. It doesn't check for printed Glory, so uses current Glory.

2. Yes. The constant ability does not require her to be participating.

3. Yes. "Attach to X..." is a constant check, so Formal Invitation becomes an illegal attachment when the character has less than 2 Glory.

Thanks!