Arkham Nights 2019?

By Apedog, in Arkham Nights

Any rumors on dates? I am hoping/trusting its not the weekend of Oct 18th-20th. Same weekend as Star Wars World Championships....

I haven't heard anything yet, but there's no way they'll do it the same weekend as any other FFG events. I wouldn't worry about that!

Also curious about dates.......

I'm just worried about how much the price will increase again this year. The price inflation on tickets has gotten absolutely insane the past couple of years.

I am betting it stays the same. Was it even sold out last year?

*bump*

Just checking in to keep this topic active.

Anyone heard anything as of yet?

On 7/28/2019 at 5:09 PM, paulfiero said:

*bump*

Just checking in to keep this topic active.

Anyone heard anything as of yet?

Haven't heard anything. Keeping an eye out though!

Hi, anyone from Quebec or Ontario going

Is the date always announced at the last minute?

Edited by MercuryMike

Last year (2018) they announced the dates on their Facebook page on 10 June. If I remember correctly, in 2017 they announced the dates two weeks before the event. Here are the ticket prices for the last four years:

2018 - $70.00

2017 - $40.00

2016 - $30.00

2015 - $25.00

19 hours ago, LabanShrewsbury said:

Last year (2018) they announced the dates on their Facebook page on 10 June. If I remember correctly, in 2017 they announced the dates two weeks before the event. Here are the ticket prices for the last four years:

2018 - $70.00

2017 - $40.00

2016 - $30.00

2015 - $25.00

Yep. Like I said, absolutely insane inflation on ticket prices.

4 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Yep. Like I said, absolutely insane inflation on ticket prices.

Ran the numbers through excel to generate a polynomial trendline. The next event should cost 135.

I already need to pay for plane and Airbnb, so 10, 20$ more is not gonna stop me, honestly.

but thanks for the information

I wouldn't have such a problem with the price, as the swag is usually pretty cool, but the event isn't exceptionally well run. The year Eldritch Horror released we played through a game completely wrong because several of the event staff didn't actually know how to play the game... and whenever we picked up the rule book they would like jump on it. It was honestly kind of weird. And frankly whoever books their events or schedules their announcements really needs to get their stuff together. It is pretty consistently announced a few weeks to a month( if you are lucky) before the event. Hard to get time off and budget properly with such terrible notice.

4 hours ago, cantide61 said:

I wouldn't have such a problem with the price, as the swag is usually pretty cool, but the event isn't exceptionally well run. The year Eldritch Horror released we played through a game completely wrong because several of the event staff didn't actually know how to play the game... and whenever we picked up the rule book they would like jump on it. It was honestly kind of weird. And frankly whoever books their events or schedules their announcements really needs to get their stuff together. It is pretty consistently announced a few weeks to a month( if you are lucky) before the event. Hard to get time off and budget properly with such terrible notice.

That totally reminds me of when I played Doom at the FFG area of Gencon a decade ago as an attendee. They were shortstaffed, and nobody knew how to play the game so they avoided the table. I ended up running the monsters, and I'm sure I was doing it wrong, but at least the other players seemed to have fun.

Tickets are $20 cheaper than last year, and they added a partial 3rd day?

Awesome. Nicely done, FFG.

Nicely done.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, KBlumhardt said:

Tickets are $20 cheaper than last year, and they added a partial 3rd day?

Awesome. Nicely done, FFG.

Nicely done.

I am not sure how much credit I would give them for lowering the price to the amount it should be after last year's insane (and maybe unjustified) inflation, though I am happy about the additional day being added. ;)

One thing that I am confused/worried about is, will we be receiving all of the "The Blob That Ate Everything" items that were given out at GenCon (shown in the picture below)? I love the mat and the large Blob card, and I have a friend that is pretty fond of the poster. It seems odd they will be running "The Blob..." just as at GenCon, but will not be handing out the same items. I believe it cost $30.00 to either play or purchase the scenario at GenCon. I will be pretty disappointed if we do not get the mat and the larger card, but unfortunately if we go by what was posted on the announcement page, I have a feeling we are not getting them. Since GenCon I have assumed (based on what has been done the last few years) that we would get the GenCon items at either Arkham Nights, or Invocation this year. I suppose that it is possible that we get the mat, larger Blob card, and poster at Invocation, but that does not seem likely since we will be playing the scenario at Arkham Nights. I have not mentioned the Alice Luxley card because I am assuming (fingers crossed) it is in the scenario clamshell.

s-l1600.jpg

* I found this image in a post by Duciris. I am not sure who took the picture, or who owns it, but I wanted to at least give credit as to where I found it.

On 9/29/2019 at 2:09 AM, LabanShrewsbury said:

I am not sure how much credit I would give them for lowering the price to the amount it should be after last year's insane (and maybe unjustified) inflation, though I am happy about the additional day being added. ;)

One thing that I am confused/worried about is, will we be receiving all of the "The Blob That Ate Everything" items that were given out at GenCon (shown in the picture below)? I love the mat and the large Blob card, and I have a friend that is pretty fond of the poster. It seems odd they will be running "The Blob..." just as at GenCon, but will not be handing out the same items. I believe it cost $30.00 to either play or purchase the scenario at GenCon. I will be pretty disappointed if we do not get the mat and the larger card, but unfortunately if we go by what was posted on the announcement page, I have a feeling we are not getting them. Since GenCon I have assumed (based on what has been done the last few years) that we would get the GenCon items at either Arkham Nights, or Invocation this year. I suppose that it is possible that we get the mat, larger Blob card, and poster at Invocation, but that does not seem likely since we will be playing the scenario at Arkham Nights. I have not mentioned the Alice Luxley card because I am assuming (fingers crossed) it is in the scenario clamshell.

s-l1600.jpg

* I found this image in a post by Duciris. I am not sure who took the picture, or who owns it, but I wanted to at least give credit as to where I found it.

I doubt we'll get the GenCon stuff, but I hope I'm wrong because that is an awesome playmat. If they have extras they could be raffle prizes.

This could be used in the Invocation 2019 kits.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:44 PM, ArkhamChronicle said:

I would say that is highly unlikely. The mats from both Invocation events had "Invocation" and the year printed on them. I suppose it is possible that they would break with tradition this year, but as I said I think that is unlikely. To be honest, I have a feeling there may not be an Invocation this year. I have started a new thread to discuss it.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, ArkhamChronicle said:

It will be. The scenario and playmat, anyway. They made a few announcements and reminders throughout about it.

Only the scenario was part of the Arkham Nights swag.