Most wierd lists that you pulled off a tournament win with?

By Ram, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

So, a month back I won our store tournament with this list:

2 eQuay
2 rQuay (!)
Onar
Greedo
Vinto

+ Hunter command cards. Beat SC twice, beat Vader/Palp/Thrawn then SC twice more after the cut. Powah of the rQuays ant thanks to my buddy that lent me the two extra quays. :)

But shameless bragging aside, this list got me thinking. What is the most strange list that you actually managed to win a tourney with (or perhaps runner up)?

I won our last (very small) local tournament with an imperial Maul list that also included a regular probe droid, I think it was:

• Maul
  • Thrawn
  • 2xeJets
  • rRiots
  • r Probe Droid
  • Officer
  • Zillo, Rule By Fear, Temp Alliance

I mean it's not the craziest thing in the world, but I haven't seen much of the two bolded units in skirmish play. I wanted a list with Maul because I liked how my paint job came out, and I went imperial because I've played scum hunters a lot in the past. I threw in the probe droid because I was running the Shared Experience card for my jets and that gave me an extra avenue to redraw the card, but it turns out that the little guys can spike some decent damage for a 3 pt card if you get a lucky roll. And speaking of "lucky", R2-D2 is a lot less annoying to finish off when you can just blow up your probe droid next to him :P

I'm interested to see some other responses in this thread, I always like seeing weird lists come out.

Edit: Probably also worth mentioning that nobody brought spectre ;)

Edited by ManateeX

That is a very cool list for sure! I love the Probe droid, if we didnt have the rOfficer it would be in many of my empire lists for sure. That is a very unexpected use of Maul, how did you generally use him? :)

5 hours ago, Ram said:

That is a very cool list for sure! I love the Probe droid, if we didnt have the rOfficer it would be in many of my empire lists for sure. That is a very unexpected use of Maul, how did you generally use him? :)  

I thought about bringing in some command card shenanigans to go with his sustained by rage ability - for example if he's suffered damage equal to his health you could play Change of Plans to keep him unactivated and ailve another round - but in the end I used my points for less situational (if less fun :P ) cards . I also played around with bringing in palp, with the idea being that Maul could run into the middle of everything at the end of a round, and even if he gets hit he could still get off his own attack plus a palp attack before going down. In the end, though, it didn't seem like there would be enough offense without the extra set of jet troopers that I brought instead.

So as for what I did do, it wasn't anything too special. Basically I saved him for last just about every round, and as a result I'm not sure if I had anybody meaningfully attack him the whole day. I also brought along cards like Force Surge, Dark Energy and Deathblow to allow him to have a little bit extra punch when I needed it. To be honest, though, I think the biggest thing was that people were so focused on staying out of range of big Maul attacks that they forgot how awesome jet troopers are when they're not up against spectres :)

I won a Store Championship around a year and a half ago with Jabba, rHired Guns, 2 eNexus, and 2 eGamorreans. I even did a write-up about it:

That is an awesome list and great work pulling of a win with that one. I really like ePigs as well and the Nexu is a favorite of my sons (and he is very good at playing it as well!).

Heh. Thanks. Rereading that definitely brought back a lot of fond memories! : )