Rogue One

By guest17211, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Hi can anyone tell me if there are anymore rogue one character's in other books as I do not have any of the books yet. I know there are some in Allies and Adversaries book. Could you please tell me what sort of profile would a character like Paodok'Draba'Takat have.

52 minutes ago, guest17211 said:

Hi can anyone tell me if there are anymore rogue one character's in other books as I do not have any of the books yet. I know there are some in Allies and Adversaries book. Could you please tell me what sort of profile would a character like Paodok'Draba'Takat have.

Sergeant Pao's species - Drabatan - are one of the playable species in Dawn of Rebellion.

Hi Kualan thanks for your reply. Is he in the main core rulebook for Dawn of Rebellion?

12 minutes ago, guest17211 said:

Hi Kualan thanks for your reply. Is he in the main core rulebook for Dawn of Rebellion?

Dawn of Rebellion is an era sourcebook. Do not confuse it with Age of Rebellion (a line with a core rulebook),

Hi HappyDaze thanks for your reply. And sorry for my mistake I am very new to the Star Wars RPG.

10 minutes ago, guest17211 said:

Hi HappyDaze thanks for your reply. And sorry for my mistake I am very new to the Star Wars RPG.

You're welcome. I just wanted to make sure you didn't buy the wrong book and end up disappointed when SGT Frogger wasn't in there.

Apart from Allies and Adversaries where else world I find Rogue One character. I just want to make sure I get the right books.

4 minutes ago, guest17211 said:

Apart from Allies and Adversaries where else world I find Rogue One character. I just want to make sure I get the right books.

That's the only place R1 characters have been given details.

It has Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Krennic, and Saw.

SGT Frogger isn't in any of the books, but his species is in Dawn of Rebellion .

Edited by HappyDaze
Just now, guest17211 said:

Allies & Adversaries will give you the heroes (Jyn, Cassian, etc). Dawn of Rebellion will give you species, planet information (like Jedha), vehicles (like the hover tank) and gear from Rogue One era (+ Rebels TV show).

To use either of those books you will need one of the core rule books though as the core books provide the basic rules and mechanics of the game as a whole. You can use any of the three (Edge Of The Empire / Age Of Rebellion / Force & Destiny) however if you want to run a Rogue One-inspired game with lots of military Rebels vs Imperials action I would recommend Age of Rebellion.

So the ideal "Rogue One" package would be:

- Age Of Rebellion Core Rulebook

- Dawn Of Rebellion era book

- Allies & Adversaries source book

Thanks that really helps.

3 hours ago, Kualan said:

Allies & Adversaries will give you the heroes (Jyn, Cassian, etc). Dawn of Rebellion will give you species, planet information (like Jedha), vehicles (like the hover tank) and gear from Rogue One era (+ Rebels TV show).

To use either of those books you will need one of the core rule books though as the core books provide the basic rules and mechanics of the game as a whole. You can use any of the three (Edge Of The Empire / Age Of Rebellion / Force & Destiny) however if you want to run a Rogue One-inspired game with lots of military Rebels vs Imperials action I would recommend Age of Rebellion.

So the ideal "Rogue One" package would be:

- Age Of Rebellion Core Rulebook

- Dawn Of Rebellion era book

- Allies & Adversaries source book

+ AoR GM Screen for Mass Combat rules

Allies and Adversaries is a good book but you should know it is primarily for GMs.

The Rogue One characters in it are NPCs which in this system is very distinct from PC characters (e.g., you can’t just play Cassian from the book unless you’re in a very unusually run game).

42 minutes ago, Jedi Ronin said:

Allies and Adversaries is a good book but you should know it is primarily for GMs.

The Rogue One characters in it are NPCs which in this system is very distinct from PC characters (e.g., you can’t just play Cassian from the book unless you’re in a very unusually run game).

I could see a group running NPCs as PCs for a one-off game similar to what’s found in the beginner boxes. Could be fun for one or two sessions. Probably not a great idea for people new to the game though.

17 hours ago, DangerShine Designs said:

+ AoR GM Screen for Mass Combat rules

Squads and Squadrons. Mass Combat is in Lead By example.

Squads and Squadrons are also in Rise of the Separatists, though there's a few small differences...