Kylo with Torpedoes & Two Starkillers

By wurms, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Kylo Ren (76)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Starkiller Base Pilot (56)

Starkiller Base Pilot (56)
Total: 200

No tricks here. Just a bunch of red dice. One of my lists I am thinking about for hyperspace trials.

Got two games in this passed week.

Game 1 vs Fat Han and Wedge with torpedoes

A former good 1.0 player who just now coming back for 2.0.

I threaten wedge sending my ups for him. Kylo hides behind my ups. If wedge wants to fire his torps he is gonna eat two shots from my ups. His Han flanks trying to get around my Ups.

As wedge runs I keep one on his tail and turn the other towards Han to keep him honest. Kylo still hides. I get a shot on wedge and take his shields while Han plinks an Ups.

Wedge is not in a good position. I move my Ups to get a shot if he tries to run for the hills while also jamming him. I 5 straight kylo and lock wedge in case he tries to turn in. Wedge tries to turn in. The only thing he can do his roll out of Ups arc.

5veIAEQ.jpg?1

Kylo finishes him with a torpedo.

Two Ups and kylo vs Han now. Its basically, threaten Han and force him to boost passed my Upsilons and into Kylos Arc and kylo shoots him. I dont want Han using Lando crew.

Win: 200-28

Game 2 vs Wat with impervium plating, soulless one, kraken and 5 separatists drones with shells.

My Ups place in a corner and droids line up opposite for the joust. Kylo in middle.

I bank the Ups toward middle, and droids come fast. Kylo blast up middle with 5 straight.

Next round, one Ups turns into the swarm and the other banks behind that Ups and coordinates a reinforce to it. Kylo locks a droid and rolls behind a cloud.

m2Ww0jQ.jpg?1

Kylo one shots a droid. The swarm unleashes on ups but reinforce is awesome and I think only loses 4 shields.

Next, injured Ups moves forward for the block and the other Ups now turns into swarm. The swarm bumps into front Ups. Kylo lands range 1 of a droid and one shots it. 5 dice Ups finishes another one. My injured Ups has 2 hull left.

Its Wat and two vultures left. Kylo goes to work. Ups coordinate locks, as kylo k turns and tallon rolls. He kills injured starkiller and got half on the other Ups. We call game when kylo is behind Wat and one vulture both with 1 hull left.

Win: 151 - 84

Edited by wurms

Amazing.

Do you think the torp is really worth it?

Also, where do you set up your Ups?

Also, how does reinforce work?

Nice list and batrep

On 5/17/2019 at 1:06 AM, Blail Blerg said:

Amazing.

Do you think the torp is really worth it?

Also, where do you set up your Ups?

Also, how does reinforce work?

Nice list and batrep

The torpedo is 100% worth it! 4 dice full modded no range bonus. Just one shotting droids. Taking out Wedge. Crippling Han. Its mean on Kylo. And with a coordinate from an Ups he can get em off pretty quick with kturns etc and do some early game damage.

I setup my Ups in corner. One 45 degrees (classic Palpshuttle setup) then the other one right next to it facing left/right. Kylo can go anywhere since he can get anywhere in 2 rounds. But against Han Wedge I just hid him behind the Ups like a running back behind linebackers until I could zoom in and lock. Seemed to work.

Reinforce cancels one hit at the neutralize results step, but can only stop to a minimum of 1dmg. So if a ship rolls 1 hit. Reinforce wont stop it. You would need a green dice result.

So like the droid swarm fired energy shells. Spends calc and has two hits. I roll blank, but reinforce cancels one hit, so I only take 1 dmg. Another droid fires energy shells. Spends calc and has 3 hits. I roll an evade, reinforce cancels one hit. So I only take 1 dmg!

What about he tolls two hits and you roll 1 evade and have reinforce? Does the reinforce do nothing?

Cajt tell when reinforce actually works. Before or after you compare results with evade dice?

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

What about he tolls two hits and you roll 1 evade and have reinforce? Does the reinforce do nothing?

Cajt tell when reinforce actually works. Before or after you compare results with evade dice?

Yes, it does nothing. I'd advice reading Rules Reference, it helps a lot - I'm not trying to be edgy, when I started people here played A LOT of thing wrong because no one ever really read the actual Reference.

24 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

Yes, it does nothing. I'd advice reading Rules Reference, it helps a lot - I'm not trying to be edgy, when I started people here played A LOT of thing wrong because no one ever really read the actual Reference.

That's good advice. But I learn things piece meal. By the time I actually get to a tournament type level I got the rules down (like for 1.0), but no way I'm spending my free time reading the manual.

If someone wants to correct me, that's why I ask.

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

That's good advice. But I learn things piece meal. By the time I actually get to a tournament type level I got the rules down (like for 1.0), but no way I'm spending my free time reading the manual.

If someone wants to correct me, that's why I ask.

Looking it up in the manual would take less time than writing the original question, reading the answers and replying to my comment.

8 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Reinforce happens at the neutralize results step. So you compare all dice results after being modified. Then if there are more than one hit/crit results left, reinforce adds 1 evade result.

Edited by wurms
5 hours ago, Pink_Viking said:

Looking it up in the manual would take less time than writing the original question, reading the answers and replying to my comment.

Nah. I tried to look up more other questions today. Definitely wasn't 😃

Edited by Blail Blerg

I flew this list minus the torps to 4-2 in the CAC yesterday, it was solid and the bid was extremely useful when needed. I think I’d rather bump one of the Ups to Tavson and keep something of a bid for Resistance 5’s than have protons.

Overall the list flew well and I have not played in 2 months so very happy with a winning record. The best set up tended to be starting Kylo with the ups and going steadily up one side of the board and cutting in, with one ups trailing the other. To get at Kylo they have to go through the big guns and they stop the opponent from being able to go a number of places (2x large bases end to end is a huge area)

Losses were to triple Jedi (he played very well but was the first game and I definitely felt off the pace, got much stronger as the day went on.) And a Han, Poe, Lulo list that got very lucky when I blanked out with Kylo twice and rolled 2 blanks and a focus on defense the third time. I nuked Han and hurt Lulo, but I was 19 points down at time and a single extra evade would have likely seen me 5-1. So the list definitely feels potent.

Best game of the day saw Kylo end up vs 6 (half at full hp) vultures and win with relative comfort. He’s a monster if flown well.

Yeah, Tavson looks pretty good.Also Adv Optics on Kylo for the Force+Focus.

I'm kinda interested in that 3 Jedi list, but it sounds way squirrel-er than I'd probably enjoy.

20 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Yeah, Tavson looks pretty good.Also Adv Optics on Kylo for the Force+Focus.

I'm kinda interested in that 3 Jedi list, but it sounds way squirrel-er than I'd probably enjoy.

It’s very good when flows well, but one mistake is doom to that kinda thing. Once the N1 drops and you can get 4x mobile Republic lists it’ll be a lot more solid imo